Thread: Unnoficcial Release of Windows 2000 SP3

Banned

Unnoficcial Release of Windows 2000 SP3

http://home.wi.rr.com/srch/sp3express_3.154.3_en.exe

That is a link to the express setup od Windows 2000 Service Pack 3.... The avg donlwoad is ~50 Megs so be aware...

Hm, I'll give it a whirl. Any security patch for Win2k is a good thing. Thanks for the link. I wonder where they found it before the official release? Never mind I asked...

TechieChick
    Just my opinion, but when patching an OS I prefer to wait till the official release, even then you're sometimes stuck with beta.

The Iceman Cometh
    I've been upgrading to each official and unofficial beta upon all of my 2000 workstations and servers since the first one was released. I noticed a few small problems in the first few releases, but since then, stability has done nothing but increase. Supposedly this last release is supposed to be the official one. I actually got it from the Corporate WindowsUpdate, but I found a web site which said it was pulled off later (possibly either they released it too early on accident, or they accidentally posted the wrong release?). Either way, I got it direct from Microsoft, and, unlike the others, it doesn't show that it's a Beta build any longer, so it may actually be the full release.

AJ

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Given MS' track record with "security" and anything else that might be considered privacy, I'd wait till an official release.

As for stability, it took them this long to get to where *nix has always been for the past 20 years?
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Just like any other .exe file, the above may be a trojan, so do not execute it. Virus checkers only pick up known trojans.

You were warned.

ac1dspectrum: no disrespect, but do you really expect people to download that and execute it (as an administrator on their boxes presumably) from a random domain name?

ac1dspectrum: no disrespect, but do you really expect people to download that and execute it (as an administrator on their boxes presumably) from a random domain name?
    He's a senior member here, and respected by almost everybody here at AntiOnline. He wouldn't post up a false link on purpose.
    And even if he did, the moderators, I'm sure, would be on his tail for a very, very long time.

[P.S. - but then again...what trojan/virus is 50 megs!?]
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

any trojan that is binded could be 50 megs, but that's too obvious.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/