View Poll Results: What platform do you use for your personnal computer ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • MAC

0 0%
  • Linux or any other Unix system

8 72.73%
  • Microsoft

3 27.27%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Would You Do Without A Computer?

I'm going to move to osbornes ))

I just had to go 21 days without High Speed Internet service, and barely made it. Life without my PC's? No way.

Say, does the Betty Ford clinic treat Internet addiction???????

Hehe, these replies are really interesting. PapaGrande, I do not know if the Betty Ford Clinic has a treatment center for Internet Addiction, but even if they did, we would wind up with what Greek Goddess wanted in the first place: an AntiOnline get together

BBQ, Beer and LAN party at Betty Ford. Anybody second that motion?

No computer? Probably have to look for another job. Maybe have to learn to hand write notes, letters, numbers, etc. Learn how to calculate again. Learn how to draw by hand again.
    Go to libraries, read, maybe even talk to people instead of my monitor. But just think what would happen if we didn't have TV - we may even have to learn to think for ourselves.
    Murphy was an optimist ...

Chuck56 said it; for anything i had to write it'd be on my *O-L-D* Royal Portable with it's hardcase and hard keys (Go ahead, just try to buy one of those!) (wanna revelation? put your keyboard-friendly fingers on a typewriter and see how many words are readable and how many mistakes you make! ) Other than that, play go shopping and traveling with my wife more, i'd work in my workshop, make new things for the yard, build a nice fence i always wanted but didn't have the time for, go fishing at least once a week, work with my telescope and cameras (not the digital one, it needs a 'puter to download the pics ) and in general save about ten hours a day that could be used for more productive projects. Couldn't manage my domains or server, 'cause there would be no 'puters. Guess i'd just have to "get a life" again

I'd say after a week of trying to install linux on my ti-83, I'd start to socialize with human civilization again.

No girlfriend, too young to go out anywhere. What the hell would i do without it!!!

I visited my parents for a week and there was no computer and no internet.
    And I must say that it was really relaxing.

If there were no computers around I just would go fishing or have a barbecue with some friends.

At the moment, if there were no computers, I would go to bed

Good night.
    monoton

I think that I would probably work myself to death. We were without power for a couple days this past winter and they nearly had to strap me to a chair to keep me from overworking myself because I was bored. When the power came back on, I didn't run and cook something (our stoves and heaters are electric and we had been without a solid meal for a few days) oh no... I ran turned my computer on and played a couple games of quake with some of the guys on my floor.
    The more I deal with people, the more I LOVE my computer.