Thread: bugs on main page

bugs on main page

every now and then on the main page I get some funky things that happen. Up above the forum search on the right I get parts of the code for images on the screen, letters that just pop up and sit there, and this black box. And if you look at my attachment you will see the black box and look over next to "You tend to assign" bar and you will see a liitle equals sign. It does that to me and it changes where they are when i hit refresh. It also does this to me on other computers and browsers.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

/me looks around...
    attachment?
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

oops my bad.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Banned
    That's very weird, indeed. Which browser are you using?

I'm not sure if all versions of IE are capable of this feature...but if you right click on a page and choose Properties, there is an option that allows you to Analyze the page you're on for any errors.

I also noticed that on the bottom left-hand corner, it says "Error on page". Does it give you any details if you double-click on it?

Just a thought.

i am using IE 5.5 on Win2k Advanced Server.
    i am also using Opera 6.03 and 6.04

Yes I sometimes get the same error, I have used many different version of IE on serval different PC's and sometimes I still get it

Gurl : I use IE6 and I cannot find the "Analyze" thingymebob, maybe it's something from an older version?

I sometimes get these vertical black lines showing on the horizontal yellow bar, discussed here...

-Prankster
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

When I clicked on the "done but with errors on page" It gave me two messages
    Line 181 object expected, line 125 syntax error

Banned
    Greetings:

I found a small html formatting issue on our main page. I'm not 100% sure if it was the cause of this problem or not, but it has been fixed.