Win2K SP3 Gold Released!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win2K SP3 Gold Released!

The Iceman Cometh

Win2K SP3 Gold Released!

I know a lot of people here use Windows 2000, so I thought I'd inform everyone that SP3 was officially released today. It has a lot of patches integrated into it, as well as some new functionality (though not really that useful, in my opinion). I've been updating to all the beta versions the last month or so, and have been very happy with the results.

For a direct download from Microsoft (roughly 125 MB), click below:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...-US/w2ksp3.exe

If you need the express installer, check out the Windows Update site.

AJ

Banned
    Hmmm, w00t!
    Windows Xp SP1 Gold should be coming out in a few weeks

If anyone wants the latest beta of Windows XP SP1, PM me

The Iceman Cometh
    I don't know if you heard, but the release for XP SP1 was pushed back... The site where I originally saw it (www.xp-erience.org) is down right now... but apparently RC1 was supposed to be released this week, but it has been pushed back to next week or the week after. SP1 is now (supposedly) supposed to be released around August 17th. Sucks don't it?

AJ

im interested to see were it was "officially" released. No info on the windows update site or on the windows 2000 page. Are you sure that's not a beta release? I tend to not install updates, especially service packs, for at least a week after they're released. And even then not on a production box.

Yes it is an offical release, a lot of windows 2000 I go to all agree that it is the final version, It should hopefully be on windowsupdate sometime soon

Just a side note : its really sad to see people getting excited about a service pack. Why oh why wasnt the software just correct pre-release?? oh yeah I forgot this is microsoft we are talking about... Only mister Gates can sell us something broken and then have us buy the next version, aka "the better, enhanced operating system where things work"...
    XP is supposedly what windows was supposed to be. and we still see the service packs.
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Lol, Yeah I know, it is odd that we get excited about a service pack, Yeah I agree that there should have been no errors in it when it came out

"Service pack (latest version here)??? Alright! maybe (one of many defunct windows "features" here) will work!" or then theres the flipside of that.... "Service pack (again latest version goes here), ah sh*t, what is this one going to break?"

How many times have we seen THAT one. the service pack fixes one thing, breaks about 20 others...
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Yeap, with every new release of a service pack things get fixed, But yeah you are right, for everything that gets fixed there is always more things that get broken. It's a shame microsoft don't thing bugs as soon they are found, meaning you have to wait for another service pack

I cant believe how many people use Microsoft Windows. Doesent anyone use anything else like BSD, Linux?
    Yo, sup