Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win2K SP3 Gold Released!

I use both... I got a dual-boot system with Windows 2000 professional and Mandrake 8.2. (I say mandrake, but really, the bootloader is the only part of Mandrake left.) Anyway... Mandrake was a little buggy right off the bat, but apparently thats because of the program that was used to burn the CDs it was on... ?(figure that one out)? I only keep windows because i am a gamer and aspiring 3D Artist and Linux isn't really game-friendly in most cases unless you wanna download and compile source code, and hey, who has time? I'm on Dialup, my DSL friends do all my donwloading. (including Mandrake, THANKS FLIP!)

And thanks, avdven, for the link, i dont usually surf Microsoft, I wouldn't have found that on my own.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

Originally posted here by Koll
    I cant believe how many people use Microsoft Windows. Doesent anyone use anything else like BSD, Linux?
    I love them both, but Windows is sometimes a necessary evil. I have to use it at work, and some games I play don't run well with WINE.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

Win2K SP3 Gold: DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!

Got this off of another list.

> Be sure to read the new EULA/privacy statement for Windows update, it has an
    > interesting portion about how Windows Update and Automatic Update (which
    > gets installed with SP3) can, by agreeing to this license, send the
    > following pieces of info to Microsoft, this was posted on the MS focus list
    > by Javier Sanchez:
    >
    > "With the latest version of Windows Update (essentially a mandatory download
    > and now part of SP3) you consent to sending the following information to
    > Microsoft:
    >
    > * Operating-system version number and Product Identification number
    > * Internet Explorer version number
    > * Version numbers of other software
    > * Plug and Play ID numbers of hardware devices

So, yeah. SP3 will fix some problems and yeah, maybe cause some more. Oh, and yeah: It will report all of your vitals back to Microsoft.

I say we storm Redmond.
    SFNative
    ~ Nothing exceeds like excess ~