IE password

Thread: IE password

Banned

IE password

i want to make it so that when a user attempts to enter a url in internet explorer, they are asked to enter a user name and password. i was curious if someone knew how to do this without using outside software, but with using the registry/local settings. thanks

I haven't heard of any ways to Password protect the URL box, but you can lock it using Active Directory, but that's a little advanced.

i.e. Requires a dedicated server, and local domain.

Your best bet is trying to find software on the net, or perhaps write your own code to do it, and upload it so everyone else can reap it's benefits.

In IE6:

tool>>internet options>>content

theres a button labeled Enable

click Enable>>General

Click on the 'Set Password' button

with this you can keep everyone from going to any site you haven'y set as approved. drawback is you have to disable this function every time you want to surf, im not sure if you can do this on a user login type basis or not. Sound reasonable enoough to be there though.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Two words : Content Advisory
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

All you need to do is get yourself a proxy server, and configure it to force authentication fro users requiring web access, but yet, it does require another box. Unfortunately...

Is there a reason you are trying to do this?

Banned
    proxy server was my feeling, thanks. im actually trying to undo it, my friend has his internet locked down, and i dont him to try changing a few registry entries, but they didnt seem to exist. for example, you can change the network/logon entry. the thing that makes me believe its a proxy server is that once you enter the URL and push enter or go it prompts for a password. thanks everyone!