Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security warning draws DMCA threat

Security warning draws DMCA threat

Well here we go if you read this http://news.com.com/2100-1023-947325.html, it looks like now finding security flaws fall under the DMCA. So what will happen to AO, Bugtraq? America's biggest threat is not from Terrorist it is from a massive Corporate take over through bills that take aways all peoples rights in the US. Geez HP takes over all security? Who else is going to follow this now M$, Sun?
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

That link isnt working...not sure why.
    might want to check it...
    Avenger
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Sorry my error in my effort to make sure my grammer is correct the comma at the end of the URL is and error but hey grammer is right. Try
    http://news.com.com/2100-1023-947325.html
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

*** that...people will keep finding ways to get around DMCA and everything else. just look at napster, yeah it got shut down but now there are 50 others. so mabye we will have to find *underground* ways of posting vulns, but i bet well still be able to find them.

this actually takes me back to another thread.

should business be responsible for their security flaws?
    or the people who made it possible to get in?

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...security+flaws
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

Yes another valid thread but it appears that HP is not going to be responsiblle for the flaw they may sue the people that found it. What HP has done however is open up the box what if M$ hit's Bugtraq and the people that post what was it last year a bit over 300 or so flaws with the DMCA, or for that matter any flaw in any program. What the DMCA has done is give a broad vague sword to Corp America, I fought it passage in 96 but four letter words will not solve the problem ask yourself since when has a Corp gained more rights then the very people that make up the US. Corp America is out of control out of touch but pay the PAC money to pass this law and others. I did not elect whom I did to side with M$, HP or any Corp they are supposed to be by, of, and for the people. When was the law and yeah there is one that gave a Corp the right over the people? Me I got nothing to loose but sorry Bob four letter words do not astound me nor any law maker nor even my children. so what let it all go or pelter via mail, email and vote? Off election year you going to vote in it??????

The problem is that your representatives are rakeing in money by selling you out.

In the UK David Blunkett is trying to introduce ID cards. (Oracle behind this maybe????)

As a protest, at the next election in his constituency I'm going to be there (along with some of my friends) campaigning against him.

Maybe it'd be a wakeup call to the likes of your Mr Hollings et al, if, at the next election as many people as possible turned up in his ward / state / constituency, and ran a campaign "vote for the other guy, this man's corrupt"

another idea is to actively boycott any companies that has him on the board of directors, and write to the chairman explaining why you are doing it.

Don't forget, it's not just your vote, it's your time, energy, etc.

Old Fart
    Digital
    Madness
    Crazily
    Administered

Ahhhh.....NOW I understand!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Well bofhandypfy, yes Oricle is behind that and yep there is a massive sell out and to much greed and you have the right idea. I'd only ad to this that what ever means of the protest not to prevent all of the everyday workers from getting to the job cause they all have to make a living. Think I'll ever buy an HP product again not on your life not after this and I'm one of those old senior types got much clout but hey I don't have a few billion to fight this corp greed and creative bookkeeping. Me nope I gotta work now to the day I drop dead so what M$ can make a few billion more? Me I am old style my daddy god rest his soul taught me I can lay a pile but it's not money wow 24 hrs out of my life. Quick Quick where is the closest HOG farm sure I can borrow some of that stuff and pay the delivery

Oracle also tryed to get the national id card going in the US (backed by Oracle databases of course)

http://www.wired.com/news/conflict/0,2100,47788,00.html