Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Programming Language

I started with Amiga Basic (by Microsoft).
    Then I tried C but I failed (Im not good with programming languages).

But I like DHTML and JavaScript, these languages are not so hard to learn
    and you can do nice things with it, I buyed some books about these languages
    and now Im learning.
    monoton

well if you can call html a language i learned that when i was 12, amused myself for 2 years and now im trying to teach myself c++, any suggestions for what to go to from there?
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

I started with basic on my zx spectrum, then C64 & msx basic. (seems like ages ago!)
    also did some qbasic.
    later I learned turbo pascal, assembly (various processors), Gupta/centura, C, VB, all web (script) langs and some perl. Currently i'm programming Navision Financials and attain.
    who knows?

i dont know much about programming languages....but Java is my soft spot, before long i learned C...i flunked 2 times in my university. Now i'm going back to VB. now reading books about network architecture.It's fun to know there's so huge sea of knowledge to scoop out.

Started with C++ for passing but it hooked me to computer , then pascal( for college course) and then java but mainly using C/C++.I think i'll try python next.:-)

i started out on C then moved on to C++, at the moment im studying assembly and i can now see the advantges of high level languages
    send flames to /dev/null PLEASE :}~

Pascal, C, C++, C++, Cobol, C, C++, Cobol, Asm.

In that order.

Cobol comes from my minor.