Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • It happens get over it.

2 22.22%
  • You should be banned for sharing.

1 11.11%
  • I knew this place was corrupt.

2 22.22%
  • Thanks for sharing, hope you don\'t get banned.

4 44.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Log in error

This might not be an error, it might just be the server I am on.

For the past few days, everytime I log on, after about 60 seconds I am no longer logged in. Again, everytime I view a string of posted threads, when I go to the home link I am no longer logged in either. And sometimes when I go to post a thread after viewing some threads I see that I am no longer logged in.

I am just wondering if this has happened or is happening to anyone else. Because I just can't understand why it is happening.

Need some feedback...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

are your cookies enabled? sometimes if you dont have cookies the website cant recognize you.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

No, I haven't had that problem before. But I have heard of another poster saying there were still logged in after a reformat! Anyway, as qwerty_smith said, it's probably you do not have cookies enabled.

To do this, try

tools-->Internet Options-->privacy tab --> set the slider to accept cookies.

hope this helps.

Yes qwerty_smith, my cookies are enabled. Besides that just start happening a couple days ago. I haven't changed any of my settings.

Peace...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

grrrrrr!!! that avatar of yours always laggs my computer.

Smith is probably right: you need to go to tools, internet options, privacy, and make certain that it is on at the highest middle-high security for cookies. Those are directions for IE. If you have Netscape go into tool, internet options, secutiy, and make certain that it has cookies enabled. If cookies are not enabled or are blocked this will occur. One more problem could be with your OS--if you have Win make certain that it allows passwords to be saved (pwl for 9x and ME, Samba (SMB) for NT 2000 and XP). If the passwords are not saved then this problem will occur (Win 95 it saves even if you tell it not to). I would recommend going to http://geocities.com/dohedo/wizze and downloading 123WASP or WinPWL3 and running them if you have a Win 9x. Then you will know if passwords are indeed being saved. If you have NT based download l00pht's password cracker and crack your Samba and see if your passwords are being saved in your Samba. Remember, these are crackers that should only be used for recovery of lost passwords, checking your system's security, and/or making sure Windows is saving to your PWL or Samba. Don't hack or be malicious, please or people like myself will be forced to catch you and report you to your ISP!

Banned
    Cutty, i have experienced this same problem once or twice before too. I thought i was the only one who had this problem.

Same problem
    Had it before and now it started about a week ago again
    Regards
    Mike
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....

Nope, never had the problem on this site. I have it with my website host, but that is just so your account can't be accessed by other people. I know it is a cookie setting, so try resetting your cookies and see if it helps.

I had the problem a few months back, at that point JP said some of the AO cookies may have been corrupted. His suggestion was to delete my AO cookies, log-off and back on to get a new cookie. It appears to have worked as I haven't had the problem since.

Cheers:
    DjM