BIOS Problems...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BIOS Problems...

Banned

BIOS Problems...

My cousin tried to flash his award BIOS and install 2 updates at the same time, It told him to restart... Now the computer wont even start up... All we see is the POST counting his RAM and then it freezes, no keyboard, no mouse, it just freezes... I tried to install the BIOS on 2 of my computers and nothing worked.... Flashing it over doesnt work either..... Any ideas?

The Iceman Cometh
    There may be a way to reset the BIOS back to it's original configuration. I had an old P3 450 MHz on an ASUS motherboard which was having problems. I flashed the BIOS, thinking it would help, but it just seemed to make things worse. In the manual, there were instructions how to basically "undo" a BIOS update. If you can't find it in the manual of your motherboard (or you don't have the manual), try checking online. What kind of motherboard is it? I can do some checking on a few sites I've used in the past for BIOS information.

AJ

Banned
    Have you tried gettting into the BIOS setup while it is counting his RAM? His BIOS sounds as though it has gone bad, but see if you can enter the setup by pressing esc, delete, f10, or whatever his particular bios setup reqiures (it tells you). If you cannot, check to make certain that all of the IDE cables and whatnot are in properly. I had this problem before and I looked in the case and my cables were a little out. Make certain Pin one goes to Pin one and that all of the power cables are in securely too.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Well, You can always call the bios maker and order a new chip.

Banned
    Abit K27 RAID is the motherboard

Yes, the best solution for this problem would be to erase the update. All Mobo's store yr oroginal bios on a ROM chip so it can be reset... usually you have to short a few points on the motherboard in order to get the original back... or you can take out the battery, sometimes that works. it all depends on the motherboar,d and anything you get offline should be verified beforehand as i've ****ed up 2 mobo's following bad advice.
    Hic ego barbarus, sum quillo non intelligor illis.
    Because they do not understand me, I am a barbarian.

I agree with the others to get ur original BIOS back well once i had my BIOS deleted by a virus and that didn't turn out well...

The Iceman Cometh
    Abit K27 RAID? Do you mean either KA7, KG7 or KT7? I don't think they make a K27 RAID...

AJ

Old Fart
    The CMOS jumper on the board should be in a position diagonally across the board from the processor. Set the jumper to pins 2-3 and power up for about 10 seconds. Power down and move jumper back to the 1-2 setting and power up...hopefully this will reset to factory defaults. If not, you may have to order a new chip. Hope this helps!!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Originally posted here by ac1dsp3ctrum
    Abit K27 RAID is the motherboard
    Does your mobo have a removable bios chip acid?

If so PM me and I can tell you how to fix it. I would post the fix but it is a VERY risky operation and I don't want anyone trying this and permanetly f**king their board up.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?