Thread: Why is Focmaester banned?

Why is Focmaester banned?

I am posting to ask why the user 'Focmaester' is banned. I thought the only way a user could be banned was by amassing large amounts of negative antipoints, yet this guy has a horde of *positive* antipoints. How does someone like this get banned?

edit: sorry about the category prodikal, it seemed like the right one because it was specifically about an aspect of antionline, but like you said prob better in chitchat

focmaster was abusing the AP system and JP banned him i think that was before i even got here and why is this in the how do i...or what is section of the threads shouldnt this be in general chit chat
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Banned
    Also didn't JP ban individuals that posted farewell threads, because the account didn't need to remain open? That could have been the case here also...

No, it was because he was giving loads of negs with obscene messages.

Why is the main page threads about negs and whom is banned for what? Geez can everyone stop whimpering over this stuff. Site is about peers they say BS go away it is a hint to learn as most of them have no matter the age what they are doing. I'll not bother with why a person is banned hey every Senior member started out here as a newbie and proved their worth by choice of peers. Get over it is called life not always fair but that is what makes life what it is. STOP whimpering stand up on what you know! Not fault at what you think is a wrong. Sometimes standing up takes a life time
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Antipoint didn't have anything at all to do with banning until recently, when they were linked to the autoban in order to control an influx of kiddies. Bans have 'historically' been intentionally done for a definite non-automated reason.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

MHO

Originally posted here by Fakeboy
    Also didn't JP ban individuals that posted farewell threads, because the account didn't need to remain open?
    Just MHO-

I don't think that JP should "Ban" these people, because it gives people a false impression, if they have "Banned" next to their profile, then people will obviously assume they have done someting bad. I think he should have put "Left AO" or "Retired" or something equivilant. If this feature is still in use I really think he should put "Left AO" etc.
    As people are so obcessed with AntiPoints I beleive it is a good idea...

Just MHO-

-Prankster
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

we shouldent discuss why someone else got banned, its JPs site, hes dealing with his clients.

its none of our business. leave it at that
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

Sorry that i asked this question, it was obviously something that was better left unsaid, I guess I was just wondering because I had not been here long and thought banning was just to do with antipoints. And I didn't want to know the specific reason why this particular user was banned, I really just wanted to know generally how someone who is doing pretty well gets banned. Thanks for your responses.