New AO AP rule

Thread: New AO AP rule

Banned

New AO AP rule

Sorry is this was mentioned before, I checked out JP's profile, and didn't see this anywhere on his recent posts.
    Somebody just made a post about something, I answered and then they deleted it, (why did you do that?) but it was something that everybody should know because otherwise veterans will give out incorrect advice to newbies.
    My neighbour (did I spell that right?), also known as linuxelite on AO, was complaining about how his "user assigns" meter didn't move, and that his points didn't count. I asked him how many points he had, and he answered 61, I told him 50 positive points was the minimum amount required to assign antipoints to others. So I told him to hit me with antipoints and I would see if they counted or not, and yes, they were grey.
    Conclusion: The amount of antipoints required to assign antipoints has been raised, so users probably now need something like 100 positive antipoints to assign antipoints to other users. Probably to prevent abuse of the AP system by users.
    Just wondering, why wasn't this mentioned?

hmmm, strange. I think 100 is a bit much but if JP's got it alll sorted out with a huge set of rules and balances and stuff then I suppose that's right, I agree it should have been mentioned but maybe we just didn't notice it?

-Prankster

PS: You spelt "neighbour" right. (I think )
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

who cares its a simple point system. [people have to stop worrying about there status and start worrying about they're content

Banned
    Wow, and one of my buddy's was negged for introducing himself on a roll call. That seems a bit wierd... http://www.antionline.com/showthread...readid=233097.

Bleah, this who anti-point belly-aching game has spun out of control. It seems lately it's "points this and points that." Why are we so preoccupied about points? Let's be a community and share ideas

I agree with alittlebitnumb totally. Forget about the points and share ideas.

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

it seams everybody is just a little crazed by the ap system, maybe JP should just abandon the points system and just let people rate everybody's posts on a 1-10 basis(not sure if this happened in the past) and the higher your rating the more things you can do, kinda like points but when you rate somebody it should show your name as well. and if you dont want to rate them it gives them an even 5. i know its basicly the same thing but it would make it so everyone's rating would be equal and you'd need at least 80 posts or something to be able to rate people. that should make it quite a bit better, that way a singel person cant deal out 15 points either way just whenever they feel like it.

and actually neighbor is nieghbor
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

Banned
    who cares its a simple point system. [people have to stop worrying about there status and start worrying about they're content
    Bleah, this who anti-point belly-aching game has spun out of control. It seems lately it's "points this and points that." Why are we so preoccupied about points? Let's be a community and share ideas
    Did you guys bother to read my post? I am not complaining, I am just telling people who might not yet know about this, and might then give wrong info to AO newbies. This is a community and we do share ideas, and I am sharing information on something a lot of people probably didn't realize.

Did you guys bother to read my post? I am not complaining, I am just telling people who might not yet know about this, and might then give wrong info to AO newbies. This is a community and we do share ideas, and I am sharing information on something a lot of people probably didn't realize.

It's not that we're worried about giving false information out. It's just that, when people ask this question (should be in the hall of fame next to: How do you hack __) we (or at least I) *try* to avoid it from being answered because a newbie might then suddenly switch to "Ap Mode"; in other words - just try to base all their posts and threads around gaining more AntiPoints by thinking their respect or knowledge will some how increase by doing so.

All we need are better, more intelligent, less bull-****, posts and threads. I've just started to get into the habit of not even giving people Anti-Points anymore for merely reasonable posts (unlike before). I basically just give out points to "extremly good" posts/threads now - which narrows my to Negative .

Geh, ...but enough of my rambling... I'm going to go to IRC now.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Originally posted here by mrcoffee12
    and actually neighbor is nieghbor
    Ahahaha... We are actually both right.

Attatched is a screenshot of "Neighbour" being spelt correctly on my Psion PDA Spellchecker.
    Visit this URL to see "Neighbor" being spelt correctly.

Must depend on which part of the world you live in

-Prankster

PS: Not that it actually matters
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)