ok..i dont post much but here goes...

Recentally a few of us common to the IRC chat had a talk about the lack of moderation and over abundence of the reminiscent "high school gossip." Er0k and i have talked to others on IRC and there are more that agree with us. in my eyes, the lack of a decient moderator, NOT an OP/OPER but MODERATOR causes the conversation to go downhill. I think that we should look into electing a few moderators for the chat. They should keep people on topic for the most part, and kick people that bring in non usefull and bullshit conversation.

i will say that sometimes bullshit conversation is needed. but when someone comes in with a question, a moderator should make sure they get helped. If a guest comes in and starts asking about hacking hotmail, Moderators should warn them. if they dont heed to the warning, kick/ban them. no more toying around with them. if you think this should be an OP/OPERS job...then ask them why they dont do there job.
--SarinMage

Ok, for the partitioned rooms. whenever you join AO IRC, you are automatically taken to a single room. that room has many users on there of all skilz, intelligence, maturity and ages. Now this has become a problem. We ask that 2 rooms be auto-joined. One being named, Antionline, the other being named AOusers. the ao users be the ones that want to come in and chit-chat. Antionline the primary chat for the people wanting to learn/discuss tech/security issues in general. Now the Antionline chat should be STRICTLY moderated The AOusers chat can be basically what the main is now...except slightly more moderated. This will keep ppl from growing off topic and inhibiting ppl's learning experience. the ao irc has become what we have termed "high school popularity contest" we enjoy the irc when it runs like it is supposed to, and do not want to leave.

--er0k