Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IRC chat proposal

liran agian im saying.... as ive said about 5 million times already THERE CAN/SHOULD BE SOME BULLSHIT IN THE IRC CHAT BUT THERE IS AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT RECENTALLY. THATS my problem. I understand that there is goign to be bullshit but the ops should start doing a better job at making sure people ge tthe help that they come here for.
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

Banned
    OK you know what, lets try this out for 2 weeks, we have an #antionline channel and a #chitchat channel, AntiChat will reside on both of these chats and on #antionline it is strictly security and tech related, on #chitchat it is chat.

I already predict 1 of 2 things, either people wont even chat in #chitchat and #antionline will stay the same, or #chitchat will become the new popular place and #antionline will have a word every few hours.

but i guess its worth a try.

Computer Forensics
    quote : Ok, for the partitioned rooms. whenever you join AO IRC, you are automatically taken to a single room. that room has many users on there of all skilz, intelligence, maturity and ages. Now this has become a problem. We ask that 2 rooms be auto-joined. One being named, Antionline, the other being named AOusers. the ao users be the ones that want to come in and chit-chat. Antionline the primary chat for the people wanting to learn/discuss tech/security issues in general. Now the Antionline chat should be STRICTLY moderated The AOusers chat can be basically what the main is now...except slightly more moderated. This will keep ppl from growing off topic and inhibiting ppl's learning experience. the ao irc has become what we have termed "high school popularity contest" we enjoy the irc when it runs like it is supposed to, and do not want to leave. :

ok guys, obviously you haven't learned your IRC commands and don't know much about how the server is set up. #antionline is for general chatting. Anything goes in there. Whether it is bullshit, tech, geek, etc etc. If you knew your irc commands IE /list you could see all of the other channels on the server. #security...***GASP*** what's that you say hogfly ? There is already a #security channel ???????? YES, there is already another channel for strictly security or security related chatting. If you guys bothered to think before you typed you would already know that #security existed, and was in use. But all the people I talk to are in #antionline....So join both channels. /join #security and another chat window will automagically appear in your client.

The server is already split up. Get over yourselves guys.

Originally posted here by SarinMage
    liran agian im saying.... as ive said about 5 million times already THERE CAN/SHOULD BE SOME BULLSHIT IN THE IRC CHAT BUT THERE IS AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT RECENTALLY. THATS my problem. I understand that there is goign to be bullshit but the ops should start doing a better job at making sure people ge tthe help that they come here for.
    Sarin: you guys need to stop your bitching and again...think before you type. you bitch and moan that we don't do what we are supposed to ???? When we do, you whining *******s question our judgement and call it "OP/OPER abuse" If someone really wants or needs help go to #security or PM the person you are talking to. For ****s sake stop your whining. You all sound like little school girls.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Hey, why don't we have everyone automatically join #oper, just in case they want to bitch about oper abuse so we don't have to listen to it in #antionline? And while we are at it, have everyone join #security since there is already a bot in there... Ok, then while we are at it, lets have everyone join #rumors, so you can all listen to the fun rumors that Louie and I start. Gee, while we are at it, lets get a #newbie room going and have everyone autojoin that also, just in case they are new to IRC. Oh wait. 7 months ago, people were complaining that the autojoin existed at all. Everyone was like, What if I don't want to be in #antionline. Why do I have to autojoin it? Especially when they were testing something and needed more then 1 client, and someone would kill the second client for cloning.

Common people, give me a break. I wasn't going to get involved in this thread, because I really thought it was going to die out a lot faster. Have you people really paid any attention to what happens in IRC? Why do you think Louie is no longer an OPER. Because he tried to moderate the room like SarinMage claims he wants. Why, cause the majority of the people didn't want it. If you don't like the direction the room is going, change it... While I was on yesterday, I saw 3 different questions asked. One, I took care of (in a /msg), one hogfly took care of, and the third I didn't see anyone respond to. I couldn't because I didn't know the answer. And yes, most of you that are now complaining were online at the time.

Ok, I am going to teach you all 2 really simple commands now.....
    The first is /list
    This command is used to give you a listing of all the channels on the IRC server.... Try it sometime, there is more then just 1. Just type /list
    The second is /join
    This command allows you to join another channel (you can do it yourself, you don't have to autojoin a channel). Just type /join #channame
    Now wasn't that easy????
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

School girls school girls, erok and Sarin are school girls... I am off to tell the teacher on both of them!
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

i never stated oper abuse, you guys have never done anything to me EVER. i was talking about the room in general, stop taking **** personally.
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

AntiOnline Senior Member
    I am suggesting that this thread be closed because its a waste of space. There will be no resolution, and AO IRC will not be changed. We need not get angry at each other and start fighting over such a pointless matter. To the mods, please close the thread.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

this thread sounds like the last irc thread, and that one sounds like the one before and it

see where I am going with this?

Banned
    Greetings:

Ok, a good idea, I like it.

When you connect to the IRC server, you will now auto-join

#GeneralChitChat

and

#TechnicalDiscussions