Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AP's in Roll Call

Old Fart

AP's in Roll Call

You know, most people make their first post in roll call, a forum that doesn't appear to support any type of reply. In a way, that is understandable. What I can't understand is the assignment of AP's just for saying hello. As an example, a group of soldiers just joined our community, and several are close to being banned just because of their nicknames. Sorry folks, but that is no way to treat people. I'm honestly beginning to think that the roll call forum has become a preferred method of 'balancing' APs, and I think that needs to change. We, as responsible members of this community, should have the patience to reserve our judgment of new members until they have made posts of substance and revealed their true motivations thru those posts. This is not a whine, but as another example...my own 'roll call' post got negged for being TOO POLITE! Thats a bunch of crap, and we all know it. If you guys want to neg me out of existence for saying this, then go right ahead...'cause if thats how things are here, I don't have any business being here anyway. We shouldn't slap people for saying hello or having a nick we don't like or understand....that borders on bigotry IMHO.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

You missed the lovely AIM discussion I had with Masta, I felt like sucha ***** after suggesting they check out the site, and not even 24 hours after they join, most of them were close to being banned. I feel even wose that two of them were close to that point after just posting a roll call, but what can I say. I had received my share of negative points by trying to explain to others what their business here was.

i dont get it

They came here to get help and maybe give some advice and instead of people welcoming them in they get negged when they say hello, that's not really a community that I want to be part of and it wouldn't surprise me if they do decide to leave and not come back.
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

Old Fart
    I know what you mean, JBF...I figure I'll get banned but I gotta stand up on this one. I've hit them all with Greenies, but my points don't pull much weight. I just hope they stick around...they seem to be a pretty kewl group.

Originally posted here by Suspect
    lol this thread is too funny!!!! why do you care so much about AP? and on top of that you'll leave this site if
    you get neg for your post? lmfao. I hate to feed babies with green dots but since you really crave for it
    then i'll give you greenies

NO...I'm not saying I'm leaving...I'm saying that I will probably get banned. I don't want to leave...I think this place is great and provides a valuable outlet for security professionals and laypersons alike. I really don't give a sh*t how many reds or green I have with the exeption that I don't relish the thought of being banned. As for your greenies...I wish I could throw them back to you, I don't particularly want them....I tend to resent your 'crybaby' reference in the comments, but I also take into consideration the narrowness of your mind. If you look again, you'll see clearly that I said I'm not 'whining' about mine, just using it as an example. Bring some manners with you the next time you post.
    Al

way to kiss ass at the end, and unfortunately for you even if you did give me reds suspect they wouldnt count, you gotta have 50 positive points or something rediculous like that to have your points actually count i think, so making 20 sn wouldnt help unless you did good things with them all time to get some greenies.
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

I think my screen name is close to being banned because i have this message on top of this site lol
    I really don't tink you are welcome here any more suspect....
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Banned
    I feel bad when I get negative antipoints for no reason at all! It's not good for my self esteem

I got a few of the red ones I'm only at ....-36 , and the only way to avoid them is to kiss ass until you've got a nice fat pile of them and you can hit back when you get negged. (only when they dont give a good reason)
    As for your self esteem, well that seems like a self problem, this site really shouldn't affect you as a person unless this is your life(I should talk, the one thats here 98 hrs a week), if your having self esteem problems go play a nice bloody game of sof 2 and kill everthing you see, that oughta help. Maybe listen to some marilyn manson if you're still having problems.

Old Fart
    I was wrong to call him a baby but seriously a thread about AP or even balancing AP is just pathetic. It's a
    waste of space!
    If that is true, then why haven't you apologized? Why are sending me PMs trying to provoke me further? Why are YOU wasting space? I like the concept of the AP system...it's here to reward people for good posts, and to get rid of trouble makers...get my drift?

not trying to be rude or anything but i really don't care what or how you think. I didn't sign up on this
    site for you. I'm here to learn and get help.
    So being rude must just come natural for you, as you seem to excel without even trying. As for getting help, I recommend you seek out a good Psychologist and check into some anger management classes. No one is going to want to help you with that attitude you're carrying around. No, you didn't sign up on this site for me, but there is a (remote) chance you may ask a question some day that I can answer. Do you seriously think I will answer you given the attitude you have shown me? You want to learn? Then learn this...be careful of the toes you step on today, they may be connected to the a** you have to kiss tomorrow. Lesson over...DO NOT PM me anymore, please.
    Al

It is amazing how this thread has gotten off topic, intent (so I believe) was to comment on how the AP's are being misused. Not to complain as I see it. Now we have a war going on.

I rarely get greenies and don't complain about it. I do see abuse of the AP system though.

I am only interested in learning on this site. I have spent many hours reading and feel as though I have barely scratched the surface. I would hate to see the members of this community end up in a useless and wastefull war over AP's.

Just my $.02.