Thread: Windows 98 Shared Folders problem ! ! ! ! ! !

Windows 98 Shared Folders problem ! ! ! ! ! !

Hi
    Im running Win XP Pro, and i have a friend thats running win 98 SE, and he has a Shared Folder were he has a lot of Photoshop Plugins and some designs but i can't open his folder y don't know whats wrong, because i don't have the firewall enable and he doesn't has his enable, i don't know if a can change a setting or i should use a program, because when i used to have Win98 SE we had no problem sharing or folders.

Could Someone help me PlZ ? ? ?

The Iceman Cometh
    In order to access a shared folder on a Windows 98 machine from an NT-based machine (at least in my experience), you have to have the username that you're logged in with on your XP machine on the 98 machine as well. The easiest way to transfer the plugins would probably be to try to create a share on your XP machine with full write permission. Then, add whatever his log in name on his 98 machine is to your XP machine. Add that name to the list of people with permission to access the shared folder and have him drop the plugins into it. Then, once that's done, disable the share and remove his username from your computer.

AJ

M$ is such a pain in the @$$ that way! what AJ said should work, if it doesnt then triple check permissions on both of the machines.

It would help if you'd give us a little bit more info regarding the symptoms of your problem. But the first thing to check would be the rights of the user you're using on your friend's share !

I didn't have chanse to check the replies yesterday but i wold like to say Thanks to avdven and AngryBob , i did what you said adven, i created a Shared Folder and the computer was online all night, and today i checked the folder an i find the plug ins alright and 1 sub7 server and a keylogger, but i deleted and scaned the computer for any virus.