God

Thread: God

God

Well, Is GOD really there??I wasn't so sure uptill now. but now i am sure that HE is not up there but HE is with me, all the time, watching me, and helping me in everything I do. My life had been in a turmoil for the last 2 weeks and once it even appeared to me that the only solution wud be to just leave everything and run away from this world. but HE helped me and i was able to overcome everything.
    I now believe that it is not I who does things but it is HE who gets things done from me.
    and that his presence cannot be felt by reasoning but only by believing.
    Just wanted u ppl's opinion how many of u think that GOD is there??
    ( Though I am sure everyone does)
    Share on Google+

Old Fart
    Keep up the faith, man. I'm sure you will get a WIDE variety of answers on this one...but it's not what we believe, but what you believe that counts. For the record, I know he's there too.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...
    Share on Google+

Is a simple concept really we are all brothers and sisters, we are as much apart of the earth as we are the sky and stars. Many languages, many cultures is called many things. It all depends upon how you accept knowing this. Is called the human spirt and humanity as I know and live it
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg
    Share on Google+

It's a very touchy subject, I agree.

I grew up in a very God-fearing home, and yes, I really do believe there is a God, but I do not care to cram it down other peoples' throats. Also, I have tried MANY churches over the years, and every last one of them I have ever gone to care too much about making money, status, cliques, cliches, hitting you on the head with the mistakes you made, clothes and other horse manure.

I see it this way: I worship God the way know him, in the place that is comfortable for me. By myself in my house with nobody else to bother me with the above ruckus. Also, I am too ashamed to say anything about God to anybody really, because I make many mistakes every day and will probably be proved wrong anyhow. Why have more people follow that when I do not really understand it myself? That is also why I am open to other beliefs, including, you guessed it, science and skepticism.

Just my 2c
    Share on Google+

Banned
    i think that people worship god out of fear....fear of the fact that if they dont they will be screwed. personally, i have not seem him at work. the most religious people i know are also the biggest *******s. certainly in times such as these, id like to believe there was some higher being, but i have a hard time thinking that God would lead all his children to hate and kill eachother. there are many things that i cant see that i know are there-radio waves, electricity, etc. but at the same time i can see their effects. i think that God is too often just an excuse for the unexplainable, i remain a skeptic. im sorry that you have been through tough times there shantz, but suicide is a cop-out. dont ever consider it an option.
    Share on Google+

I will only say that a spirit the human spirt fears nothing. Fear is born of not knowing, if one knows then fear is not in the picture. I'll not attempt to explain the random acts of kindness nor senless acts of beauty, why???? cause I either do them or enjoy them And more energy is spent in anger then acceptance
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg
    Share on Google+

Old Fart
    A young man went to a church one Sunday. He was a very polite young man who wore a pair of faded jeans (all he could afford) and a clean short sleeved shirt. His hair was washed and combed, but it was rather long and had a blue tint to it. he sported a pierced ear, and a rather obvious large tattoo on his left forearm. The pastor, who was greeting people at the door, stopped him and took him aside. "You can't come in here looking like that! This is the Lords house, and the way you look is a total disgrace! You can come back when you've cleaned up your act and can show some respect to God." said the pastor. Heartbroken the man stepped out of the church and collapsed in tears on the front steps, sobbing uncontrollably. After a few minutes he heard a voice ask "What's wrong, my son?" Looking up through the tears, he saw Jesus standing over him. "Lord, they won't let me in because of how I look and dress!" Jesus smiled and replied "Thats alright, my son...that is supposed to be my house, and they won't let me in either!"

The message? Some churches get so mired down in 'religion' and appearances that they forget the tenets of God...love thy neighbor...thou shalt not covet...do unto others as you would have them do unto you. God doesn't care how you look or what designer label you have on. He wants a pesonal relationship with his children and doesn't really care what the 'church' thinks...and neither shoud you.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...
    Share on Google+

Thats wht I think too!Though i am a hindu , i don't believe that GOD resides only in Temples. Infact, temples have just become a way of earning money for most with one or two exceptions like ISKCON(though it is getting dirty too).

GOD never says that if u don't worship him, u'll be screwed but he says that if u worship him(here worship means loving him as a child or a father or a lover or a devotee-i.e. in any relation), he'll reciprocate that love.
    Share on Google+