VisualBasic Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VisualBasic Help

Post VisualBasic Help

I need help with some VB things. I want to learn how to program client/server applications and other applications with VisualBasic, but Im a complete newbie at it. Can someone help me with a link to a tut or website please? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks!

JCHostingAdmin, I have a friend who is working on an app that parses a SQL database for his computer store. I will ask him if he will provide some snippets of code for you. If not, I will see if his buddy has some code...he has a bunch of stuff over the last ten years

Thanks. I need all the help I can get lol!

Hey JC, take a look here. They make it really simple
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

this two adresses offer a quite good and simple introduction of client/server programming.
    give it a try...

"Knowledge is the Real Power"
    \"Knowledge is the Real Power\"

It's a gas!
    Hi JCHostingAdmin, ive got a 'Learn Visual Basic Now' cd in the house which i found really useful when i started out!

If you want i'll send you a copy, since im such a nice guy =D

Just let me know if you want me to...

Er.. sure, PM me with the details.

Hi JC

You can create client/server software in VB with Winsock.

Check out for code snippets and tutorials on how to do it.

Thanks to everyone who helped.. Im hoping to program my own client/server program for testing and just to get a better feel for VisualBasic. Thanks everyone!