Thread: Gotta love trillian

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar

Gotta love trillian

Hey look at this fun little message from bugtraq:
    Problem:
    Trillian's irc modules suffers from a buffer overflow. This allows an attacker to execute code of their choice. I have attempted to contact the trillian developers about this issue with no success.
    Aww, that sucks. And he even included the exploit code....

Oh wait, whats this....another message from bugtraq....
    Vulnerability : Format strings bug and buffer overflow in the IRC client of Trillian
    Wait, that looks like 2 more vulnerabilities. At least he didn't include an exploit for all the script kiddies....

And people always ask me why I don't like that program.....Hummm...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I just dont use IRC with Tillian. In fact I don't use IRC at all because of all the exploits which have been found in it. Just my personal preference I guess but that me.. and my TCW
    My other Computer is a 4000 node Beowulf Custer

Banned
    shut up faggets

Now Teufel , that was uncalled for. What does that have to do with the current discussion at hand? Naughty, naughty...

As for the Trillian bug, I have to agree with Soulman but go one step further: That is why I do not use instant messengers, period. I remember when ICQ had tons of exploits (I do not know about now, it's been a while), and that's what turned me off completely to the whole IM scene.

As for IRC, I never really used IRC until AntiOnline, and I have to say it's very, very nice.

I used trillian once and tried to upload my buddy lists and kept crashing so i just ditched it. But it looked pretty nice when u download some of the skins.