Multi-link 2 Dial-up modems in win2k?

Thread: Multi-link 2 Dial-up modems in win2k?

Question Multi-link 2 Dial-up modems in win2k?

Has anyone here on AO ever hooked up two internal modems with multi-link within windows 2000 pro?

If so, would you please help me set it up on mine?
    I have searched google and this site and not found any real info on this.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

The Iceman Cometh
    Have you checked the documentation on the modems? I set up a client (she was actually a close friend of mine, but since she paid me, she was a client) with this set up using Windows 2000 and I just used all of the information I found on the modem's web site (they were both USR somethings). If the website doesn't offer any information, the link below may be of use to you (it's should have everything you need for setting it up). Honestly, do you consider this a feasible solution to slow connections? I mean, considering you'll have to run two phone lines (which cost, say an average of $10-15 a month... we'll say 10 to be on the "cheap" side) and two separate ISP accounts (say $15 each a month)... that's a total of $50 a month... and that's a *low* estimate. Not to mention the hardware. I would recommend, if you want to spend this kind money each month, find a broadband ISP such as DSL or Cable. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.pipeline.com.au/Internet/...ilinkModem.htm

AJ

Yes avdven this is the only way I can remotely administer my network about 5 miles from my home, I live in rural midwest, and broadband of any sort is not available. I hope to bring it here some day, but, we are geograpically unsuitable for the large companies to concider installing services here. I am part owner of an independent ISP in Buffalo, MO. check your maps, I think Buffalo is on there My partner and I are responsible for bringing an OC92 Fiber trunk into this region, up from Joplin, MO. where it ties into the main internet backbone. Anyway the best connection I can get to my computers is a dialup, I already have the phone lines installed, and of course since I am the ISP...I can't afford a T1 to my home at this point.

The modems I am using are internal USR 3COM v90 modems, I will check the link you posted...thanks
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?