Thread: ASP2PHP software for web developers!

Thumbs up ASP2PHP software for web developers!

In my roamings on Linux Center, I was glancing on the article the comparison of Qt vs. MFC and somehow ran into some software that might be of particular interest to web developers who deals with ASP scripts and maybe want to change to PHP. Here it is : http://asp2php.naken.cc/

It's available for Windows and *NIX platforms and I am going to give it a try using forum scripts. I do not know what happens to VBS code after it has been processed in this tool, but I can imagine it can save some headaches in trying to translate one language to another. From what I read so far, it looks pretty darn cool to me!

enjoy

Yeah, thats been out for a while, though I don't understand why anybody would want to switch, both languages are pretty good, and pretty powerful, so I don't see the reason to switch. The only thing I can think of using it for is to compare.

Well, a good thing I see is not everybody has ASP enabled servers, and there are plenty of scripts out there that developers might find it useful.

Anyway dude, nice information. It is useful for those who know a little about either of the scripting languages n would like to see how his script looks like in the other.
    I want to ask one thing, is the conversion done both the ways?
    With great power comes great responsibility.

From what I have seen, no. However, I was looking, and there seems to be a PHP2ASP program somewhere. If I do find it, I'll post it for you guys.

Also! I am testing to see just how well the software works and am in the process of translating a forum script in ASP to PHP. If it does indeed work, then I will post the working script for you good folks to try. However, as with all other programs such as this, I can almost gurantee it's not gonna be perfect. We will see.

I was looking for PHP2ASP software, because of limitations on my webserver. alittlebitnumb, if you find software that can do it, PM me with the address, and I will be greatly thankful.

If you want to develop some software to do it, I would be more than happy to help you out. I know PHP and ASP, and I ended up converting the website by hand. It was a small site, so it only took about 3 hours, but it was tedious, and boring. I be a lot of people would use a program that could go backwards from all the ASP2PHP software.