war between web browsers

Thread: war between web browsers

war between web browsers

hey all
    was just wondering if anyone knows how to turn off that annoying feature that whenever IE loads up a new page it automatically changes windows to it (when loading up 2 web pages at once its HELL!) so anyway need help!
    --=::[ LeNc}{ ]::=-- stealing your time for pathetic web sites since 1998

If I understood your question correctly, what you're asking IMHO cant be done....Maybe someone else knows how. But you should try out Netcape 7.0, it's got a nifty which lets you open links in new TABS instead of new windows. Also it doesnt switch to the new tab you just opened up. It can be found here...
    http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/7/
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

I got mozilla and thats my fav. part about
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Well, if I can understand your question correctly, I just got Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, and it gives you the option to "turn off" the Microsoft-embedded features that could not be turned off before (such as media player, IE and Outlook Express), and it's really nice. However, it does not uninstall anything (which is what I really want), but hey it's a step in the right direction. For MS anyway.

in internet options under the tab 'advanced' there's an option to reuse window for shortcuts. if thats what your talking about. ??
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The Iceman Cometh
    I think the question is regarding "stealing focus" when he opens another browser, it ends up on top of his page so that he has to click back to his last screen. (is that right?) Anyway, if that is the case, there are plenty of "tweaking" programs that will let you chance how Windows handles programs "stealing focus". If you're using Windows XP, download MS TweakUI (from the PowerToys web site) and use that to change the setting. If you're using another version of Windows, you'll need a third party tool. If you're looking for a freeware tool, check out Xteq X-Setup. If you want a more intuitive program, check out TweakNow Customizer 2000/XP. Hope that helps.

AJ

mabie i should clear this up a bit:
    i have 2 browser windows open, both at different sites
    whenever i click on a link in one window and switch to the other window while it loads it automatically switches back to the window that is loading the new page
    and i cant use that prog that u suggested avdeven coz ive only got win98 :s
    --=::[ LeNc}{ ]::=-- stealing your time for pathetic web sites since 1998

The Iceman Cometh
    Since you're using Windows 98, both TweakNow Customizer 2000 (Shareware) and Xteq X-Setup 6.2 (Freeware)will work to resolve your problem. What you are saying is just that when one browser changes, it steals focus from the other browser so you have to switch back to the last window. Just download one of those and it should resolve your problems. There's also a registry hack to fix the problem, but I don't have any Windows 9x systems here to figure out what it is. Sorry.

AJ