View Poll Results: What do you know about floods in central europe?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Where the hell is Europe?!

1 25.00%
  • Nothing, but I\'d like to be better informed

1 25.00%
  • I have some informations, but I\'m not interested anymore

0 0%
  • I have some info, and still looking for more

2 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I suggest a Tech forum.

I suggest a Tech forum.

I think AO needs a forum focused to hardware issues and system builders, not dedicated to security explicitly. I had to spend 2 to 3 hours searching for any posts concerning using mutiple modems in win2k. I finally posted a new thread in chit chat. I do not think that chit chat gives a technical/hardware issue type thread a fair chance. I also think that the chit chat forum is too large to search through in order to avoid posting on something that has already been covered.
    I hope that this issue has not been covered before as I only spent about an hour searching for a tech forum suggestion thread.

<edit> As a hardware engineer and system builder myself I can offer the AO community a lot of useful help and information in my field, I am fairly new to security and programming issues ( AO is quickly changing this ) and I feel a need for a place to review new advances in technology at a component level. </edit>
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

I think this would be a great contribution to AO. This site as a whole should be dedicated to sercuity issues but there are so many other issues that need addressing. I think this would be one. I wouldn't mind even fielding a few questions from a Tech forum. Good luck.

Peace
    Don\'t Put me on a plate!
    I might use my magnet to Escape!

Great idea. I was looking for a post on XFree86 configurations about 2 weeks ago, and found nothing. There might have been something remotely similar to it in the Chit Chat forum, but who wants to dig around through the oodles and oodles of posts in there. A Hardware/Tech forum would be a great addition to AO.

Valid reasons...

Thank you lobstermagnet and The_Magistrate,

who wants to dig around through the oodles and oodles of posts in there. A Hardware/Tech forum would be a great addition to AO.
    I think this would be a great contribution to AO. This site as a whole should be dedicated to sercuity issues but there are so many other issues that need addressing. I think this would be one. I wouldn't mind even fielding a few questions from a Tech forum. Good luck.
    Two more extremely valid reasons to begin a Tech/hardware related forum as a place for service techs, and anyone interested in building their own system. A place wher they can find/post hardware reviews on new technologies, as well as a place to show off their overclocking skills, new programs they have tried or written, or maybe even help on the development of new technical devices in general.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Hi,
    I really like this idea. When I have tech related questions and threads, I usually put them in General Chit Chat, but a forum dedicated the tech help/issues/support would be much better.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

I think aeallison's idea deserves serious consideration.
    regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

Banned
    It would be nice to see the tech related tutorials be separated also. I have such a hard time searching through the tutorials, and the search function could be improved a little... However, that is a great idea...

Antionline Herpetologist
    IMHO, AO has enough forums as it is. Tech issues can be posted under Chit Chat.
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

post your tech related issues on
    http://www.techiestalk.com

I think AO has enough forums for now.