View Poll Results: What do you know about floods in central europe?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Where the hell is Europe?!

1 25.00%
  • Nothing, but I\'d like to be better informed

1 25.00%
  • I have some informations, but I\'m not interested anymore

0 0%
  • I have some info, and still looking for more

2 50.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I suggest a Tech forum.

Originally posted here by noODle
    post your tech related issues on
    http://www.techiestalk.com
    I went to this board, and I registered. I cruised it for a while and see the potential, but at present I am the only one logged into it and it has not been used much since the month of June.

I believe that the size od AO is large, and that we do have a lot of forums, although not all of them are used constantly, and I see one that has never been used, that one could be replaced am I not correct?
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

That is the prob.
    But it is a good board furthermore.

It had a lot of post.
    People still check the board.
    If interesting things occur, discussions develop.
    Keep coming in.

Thanks noODle I will make a few posts and see how it goes, I suggest to anyone else who is looking for tech posts then AO is not the place for it. I guess we will just have to settle for a new community.

TechieChick
    All you have to do is search google for tech forums and you'll be buried in the silly things.

My opinion is this board is for security issues and even that has a hard time staying on track, my vote is to not add a tech forum to AO.

I think it would just further dilute the forums by adding more places for junk to seep to. It isn't really necessary, IMO, given that GCC is doing a pretty good job containing it all anyway, and AO doesn't seem to have quite the right clientele mix and critical size to really take off in that respect more than generic troubleshooting threads or product discussions.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Originally posted here by noODle
    post your tech related issues on
    http://www.techiestalk.com
    I am sorry noOdle, but that Techies Talk board is really lame, I really expected something more I guess, I gave them a very simple task and all I got was a couple of posted replies like one of their admins thinks that Apache web server is a stand alone OS. I went there with a hope that I could find the intelligence that we have here at AO, I will have to keep looking, I have been doing the google thing TechieChick, still nothing that compares to this community, therefore I implore AO to cater to us Techs a little and give us just one place to hang out, The war game forum has never been used our tech forum could replace that and add to cyberspace something that is in dire need.

Does anyone here ever use NEWS.
    You know that Internet system for dealing with this type of issue.
    Security doesn't need a hardware configuration section.
    I'm with gamemaster6502

security vs. hardware?

I really thought that security had a lot to do with hardware, if the hardware is not configured or installed properly then does the security not suffer?

And don't security professionals ever need to get there hands dirty once in a while?

I agree with all of you who disagree ( if this makes any sense at all ) that AO is security related and tends to stray, but as an experienced retailer and consultant in this industry, in order to keep someone focused on an endeavor, is to offer a few distractions. The distractoins need to be related to the goals, so as not to let the main idea stray from the focus.

I am not ranting, just trying to generate a little more constructive activity, and although this thread may never ultimately end up generating a new forum, it has given the newbies something to read that will help them understand what AO is all about.

I really hoped this thread would be real active, until oddly I recieved a few greenies where they stated that they agree with my views, but would not post it for fear of reprisals??

Lets ponder...

TechieChick
    No offense..but if you can't find tech support here now and belive me people have tried asking the questions, opening up a new forum isn't going to magically make the answers appear. I understand and agree with generally what you're saying, just that I don't think it's going to work. There are a TON of forums dedicated to technical assistance you just have to find one that works for you.
    I own a tech shop, do builds, upgrades, sales etc..but I don't come here when I need technical advice becouse I know I'm not going to get it and there is nothing wrong with that. I haunt about 5 different forums covering several ranges of topics from gaming to security and have given up on the concept of one stop shopping.

Thank you again TechieChick your insight on this is appreciated, as well as everyone else who has contributed here so far. I have to say this thread has been educational to me anyway