Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willing To Pay Modem..for Linux

Willing To Pay Modem..for Linux

hi,,guyss

I've tried 3 modems in my computers..but none of them working..and still couldn't connect to internet...I've already check ..port,com,tty,connection,device driver,etc,,but still..couldn't connected. I've installed RED HAT LINUX 7.2 and mandrake 8.1 in my two computers

SO...anyone wanna selling modem for LINUX..or been used for LINUX..I'm willing to pay it..cause I am frustated already

please let me know ASAP..or you can send me email joey_5nz@yahoo.co.nz

cheeerssssssssssss

I cantr sell you one but i can point you to the modem i use in linux!! Its is made by sitecom and is a serial external v.92 !

The Iceman Cometh
    lol Why not search online? There are plenty of modem manufacturers who actually ship Linux drivers with their modems. Just do some research and you can probably find a V.90 modem from a known reseller (like necxdirect or provantage or something) for $20. That way, you have a brand new modem, the correct drivers, plus the full support of the manufacturer.

AJ

plz contact me at jode_sa@yahoo.com
    Koki
    ICQ# 114977513
    jode_sa@yahoo.com

If cable access is an option for you, think about it. That would be one way to bypass the Winmodem curse. You could get a Linksys router, and let both boxes share the same connection. It would cost about $90 to $100 for the router, plus I guess $45 a month for cable internet access. But, you might not have that kind of money.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Talking

All good advice....preacherman481- that sig looks a little familiar. Now where have I seen that before?

Originally posted here by Conf1rm3d_K1ll
    All good advice....preacherman481- that sig looks a little familiar. Now where have I seen that before?
    What can I say? Great minds think alike. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar

no drivers required

I use a Us Robotics 56k v92 ($90) external. No drivers required needs a com port.

Works great either in Linux or Windoze.

Dave
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

mine is simple 56kbps external modem on com port and it's recognized as it is with no drivers required and i have RH 7.2 . and it cost me $34 .So no trouble of winmodems

External hardware controlled US Robotics modems can't be beat for use with Linux. All you need is a good ole' comm port and you're ready to go......

Also some USB modems are good, as USB support is better now in Linux.
    Resistance is futile, prepare to be assimilated.