Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win Xp administration Help. . . .

Originally posted here by jcdux
    I pity your school employing you.
    (ed.)the kids are more technically competant to run the network than you.

J.
    i agree with that

The Iceman Cometh
    If you aren't having the names show up on the Welcome screen, you should disable the welcome screen all together. The welcome screen is inherently unsafe. I would recommend chaning the setting so that users are forced to type the username and password each time they log in. The setting in question can be found by going to:

Control Panel
    User Accounts
    "Change the way users log on or off"
    Unselect "Use the Welcome screen"

Also, I recommend that you set it up to clear the last user who logged in and enable requiring hitting CTRL ALT DEL to log in. To do so go to:

Control Panel
    Administrative Tools
    Local Security Policy
    Local Policies
    Security Options
    Change "Interactive logon: Do not display last user name" to Enabled
    Change "Interactive logon: Do not require CTRL+ALT+DEL" to Disabled

That should resolve any problems you are having.

AJ

Edit: I also completely agree with the fact that you should have known all of this before you were hired. I don't know how you managed to get the job, but now that you have it, you had better start reading books and articles online so you can learn the ins and outs of your network before you ***** something up and get fired.

Thanks avdven tomorrow mornig i'm going to make those changes

i would try to read more about NT and securing network applications , i think i should go and find Nt for dummies

and other question does anyone knows of a program that can help to build dymanical Test and Quizes
    i already made some whit Macr0medi@ @uthoerware 6 but i would like to know if some one else has done something similar .

Only thing about Windows User Control's is that I wish it would let you choose the options for it instead of simply making it Administrator or User. I like it better where you can manually choose what it can do. Just my 2 cents.

The Iceman Cometh
    [QUOTE]and other question does anyone knows of a program that can help to build dymanical Test and Quizes[/URL]

What do you mean by dymamic? Do you want the program to randomly choose and change questions, etc. as different users go through it? If you're talking about online tests/quizzes Authorware is probably the easiest thing you can use for that. If you're talking about physical tests (like a test bank), then there are plenty of good test bank programs available which will let you enter a series of questions with answers, and it will randomize the questions as well as answers (if the test is multiple choice). If you are interested in some of these, PM me and I will give you a list of test bank suppliers which you can talk to... those programs, however, aren't all that inexpensive (though, Authorware isn't cheap either...) If you (or your campus) had the money to buy Authorware, then you can probably afford to buy a good test bank program.

AJ