Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batfile

Batfile

Does anyone of you know where i can find some good sites about batfiles ?
    \"I hold you so that you will be whole.\"
    \"I\'m not whole. Does that mean that you
    won\'t hold me anymore?\"

http://www.google.com <-- Search there for Batfile sites or just "BatFiles".

dan gookin....goodkin, whatever, the guy who writes the dummys books, wrote a book named, oddly enough, 'batchfiles' if you can get your hands on that, ohhh man!

But in the mean time their are a few tuts here on ao

And goole turns up some great returns:

http://www.ericphelps.com/batch/

what do you want to do with them?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Smile

If you search the web, you'll find a lot of them ! One that I like is more a list and explanation about old DOS 7 commands. That could help you find out what to use to create what you need.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/rhwatson/dos7/

If you tell us what you need with might as well try to give you some hints !

I want to try and make a menu, I found one here on AO but that didn’t work under windows xp

The Iceman Cometh
    Charmed Rulez, what do you need the menu for? I would go out and spend a little time learning VB or some other Visual programming language and make a Win32-based menu rather than an old DOS batch file. If you really need to make a batch menu, let me know and I can help you out. I grew up working on DOS 3.0 and Windows 3.0 (ended at DOS 6.2 and Wfw 3.11 before moving to a Win32 environemnt) and I used to write batch files all of the time. I still have all of my old DOS manuals as well, with instructions on every DOS command available back then.

AJ

Don't forget there are programs that will convert batch files to com or exe files. Always a good idea if you don't want people to look at the code or edit it.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

I posted a tutorial on batfiles here ages ago, you might find something in that.
    As regards the menu thing, I don't know about XP, but in a version of 2000 (I think) I was on, the ``choice" command doesn't work.

Its just for fun I want to make a menu, year its the choice command that doesn’t work under windows xp, do you know what I can use instead of that command ?

Originally posted here by Charmed Rulez
    Its just for fun I want to make a menu, year its the choice command that doesn’t work under windows xp, do you know what I can use instead of that command ?
    Yeah, I guess you could write a CHOICE program yourself, from a different language, or you could use the FC command to compare NUL and CON, if you get my meaning, to get the input.

You'll be able to find a batfile that does this at this location:

http://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/ <--- Search around a bit.