Thread: Creating an IRC Bot using Java

Talking Creating an IRC Bot using Java

I found this tut, while looking for documents or tutorials on creating IRC clients and servers using Java

enjoy:
    http://www.jibble.org/pircbot.php

Hi mom!
    Writing the fundamentals for an IRC bot is very simple: Open a socket to the server, authenticate following the IRC protocol (RFC1459) and voila... Nice project to do if you just started programming.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

I'm now working on a Java Messenger (not an IRC)... and could use some help from the good people out there! who can I contact when in need for help?!
    Confusion, will be my epitaph...
    King Crimson - Epitaph

Hi mom!
    What do you mean by messenger? Some ICQ-style thingy?
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

No, something more like MSN Messenger
    King Crimson - Epitaph

A Java based messenger :-) cool, I have been planning on starting a project like this but I haven't found the time yet :-(

BTW: I found an api implementation of the messenger protocol on sourceforge.net
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/msnj/

- T

Thanx for link, I'm really not that good doing distributed java apps, so if you are one, could I contact you sometime if I face some problems?
    King Crimson - Epitaph

distributed java apps??? a messenger client is only going to be threaded not distrubuted if you are talking about a messenger server, thats another story...

- T

Sorry I had to leave the dicussion but here I am...
    I miss used the term! I meant network programming and things of that sort...
    King Crimson - Epitaph