PC-compatible MacOS comes at a price

Thread: PC-compatible MacOS comes at a price

PC-compatible MacOS comes at a price

Posted @ www.theregister.co.uk

Exciting news from the world of Apple. Eighteen years after the launch of the Macintosh, Apple has made a PC-compatible version of MacOS. But it comes at a steep price. Apple chose to break this extraordinary news at the unlikely venue of CompUSA's web store
    The CompUSA offer allows you to upgrade to Mac OS 10.2 for only $82,402.02. It's in the "PC compatible operating systems" part of the store, so start re-partitioning those Dells now, folks.
    For More Information View: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/26523.html

The real product can be seen here:http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ct_code=295690

Hm, who needs defacements when the company themselves can mess it up even better? Great post, JBF...lol, I needed a good laugh today. Hey, that would be really, really cool if OSX was really available for PC platforms. I heard OSX is very sweet... heh, it looks very sweet.

lol thats great.

As for my personal opinion on Mac OSX I think it blows; there are tons of other great *nix based OS's that you can get for free and they run on pc's. Still its a step up from os 9.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

The Iceman Cometh
    I remember the same sort of price glitch occuring with the Harry Potter DVD. CompUSA was advertising a "great deal" for the Harry Potter DVD and it showed up as some absolutely outrageous price on their web site. There was a thread here about it when it happened, but I can't find it in the archives (the search doesn't ever seem to work well anymore).

As for running MacOS X on a PC... I wouldn't do it. When I want to use a *nix box, I already have my various Unix and Linux boxes. If anyone else wants to use a *nix environment, I suggest just going and downloading a flavor or Linux or BSD to get you started. Why spend all the money on a program that sorta runs *nix programs, and runs only new Mac software, when you can download a version for free which will run nearly all *nix programs as well as do a fairly good job of emulating PCs and Macs (with the right software, of course)