Thread: XP CPU usage monitor - lol

Talking XP CPU usage monitor - lol

Kind of humourous

On XP, when you open the CPU usage monitor, it increases the percentage by a huge amount, how are you supposed to know what the accurate figure is?
    lol
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

thast because it has to gather and process all the information about what the machine is or isnt doing with all its processes to display it. that is normal behaviour for 2K and XP

lol. the cpu usage monitor accurately portrays the amount of cpu is used by the cpu usage monitor. kind of an oxymoron.

nah, that happens with norton's memory monitor. the monitor uses quite a bit of memory and just having it up and running takes away from the memory you can use. it is good for trouble shooting to see what proggies take up what mem. i suppose you can just start quiiting apps to see what is requiring how much memory.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

The Iceman Cometh
    Generally, if you open the CPU usage monitor and let it sit for half a minute to a minute, CPU usage should go down to just above the level it was before you opened the usage monitor. As paulcottingham said it's "because it has to gather and process all the information". Once that's down, it should go down.

AJ

I know all this, but don't you think it should moitor how much cpu it is using, then deduct that from the total, making it more accurate?
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Prankster> Then it would be a lie, because it wouldn't be telling you how much of the CPU was being used, because it wouldn't be including itself. Kind of a catch 22...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman