Thread: MS has a online security tut....lol

MS has a online security tut....lol

I guess it doesnt really surprise me.
    Microsoft has a tutorial on how to fix the holes in their servers.
    LOL

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...re/default.asp

The beginning of it reads like a ad, but its still good info for anyone with a MS server in a production inviroment....

Enjoy,
    Avenger
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

As much as I thought I'd be wrong and as much as I hate to admit it, It's an okay read for people with M$ servers. :S

Just very sad that theres that much of a detailed doc out there on how to fix the problems with commercial software. *nix is free. It has problems, but few and far between, and those problems are due to it being opensource hence a unfinished product.
    M$ is supposed to be selling finished goods and all you hear about is hotfixes and patches.
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

So I went to that link and downloaded the pdf file. Then I opened it, and was going to print it out when I noticed that it was 196 pages long!

Sheesh, I don't have time to weed through all that right now, and my duplexer is broken anyway. Too much stuff on my plate for that huge document. Thanks for the link though, I'm sure it will provide much help in the future when my plate isn't so full.

El Diablo
    will have to get back to that in the next week or two

Diablo: LOL What a book :-)

Apache and manny other software companies/gropus list also there bugs at the page.... There are no reason for hideing the information.... If you will find a exploit you just can searce after it....

Truti