I came across this article today at a site I frequently visit, Conspiracy Planet. Makes for an interesting read.

Insider Trading: Making Money on 9/11
by TOM FLOCCO

There is growing evidence that the FBI and other government intelligence entities are more closely linked to the documented accumulation of pre-9/11 insider trading profits than was originally thought. But thus far the Joint Congressional Intelligence Committee has not publicly referred to prior knowledge of the attacks as it relates to stock transaction profits, while also failing after nine months to publicize the critical Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) "control list" report tracing what in effect were stock trading profits of death.

Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) spokesman Tom Crispell denied that the CIA was monitoring "real-time," pre-September 11 stock trading activity within U.S. borders using such software as the Prosecutor's Management Information System (PROMIS) or the Echelon satellite monitoring system.

However, when asked whether the CIA had been scrutinizing world financial markets for nationalsecurity purposes, Crispell replied, "I have no way of knowing what operations are [being affected by our assets] outside the country."

If there are any more overly paranoid people like myself out there who'd like to read more you can do so here....