Thread: Warchalking?

Warchalking?

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-939483.html

Too funny. Very inventive. I'd have to warchalk the entire 405 freeway. Not that I know anything about wireless or anything......
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Heh, I think i'll visit downtown Fort Lauderdale and bring a piece of chalk and a laptop.

The phrase war driving needs to be changed to WINDing. Wireless Internet Network Discovery.

I'd better watch out cause M$ might sue cause it's too close to Wingdings......

*keeps his head down for fear of angering the great white beast*
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

That's really kewl, awesome idea.

Talk about counter-culture! I never realized "geeks" were so community oriented. (This is aside from the good folks here at AO)

It's a very interesting idea, but how long will the chalk actually stay on the pavement before feet, rain, and all the other elements wash it away?

I remember a while back someone had a website set up for police speed traps in the usa...this would be a great website of cities and markings of wireless access points.

have a look at This Site for WarChalking info

J.
    [glowpurple]manually editing your config files can break them. If this happens, you get to keep both pieces. [/glowpurple]

I am right now working with a couple of people on a wi-fi network in Beverwijk (NetherLands)

There is already a park (with bench) where you can tap into 2Mbit internet (with a large dose of luck)

I'll post updates here..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !