Thread: PHP Sessions....

Banned

PHP Sessions....

Does anyone know how the string for a PHP session is generated? Is it random or are there algorithms... Is it possible to edit the data inside a session so the next user to log into the site gets that data.... And last but not least is there a way to make the session numbers incremential... 1, 2, 3, 4... etc

Oh! And 1 more thing... Is there a way to predict the number of the next session used?

Spectrum, man, you gotta get something like "php bible" or "programming php" which is co-authored by the creator of php. Anyways, they're both really complete, and would give you all the knowledge you require. I'm reading programming php, it is awesome, it has info on everything from basic language structure to using COM objects. Trust me, you'll get a lot of help from a good php book.

Quoting
    string session_id ([string id])

session_id() returns the session id for the current session. If id is specified, it will replace the current id.

You can down load the PHP Manual from
    www.php.net/docs.php

or try out phpbuilder or zend

I'm a newbie to php too! Don't worry.. However, right now my niche is Perl and VisualBasic.