Win 2k Service Pack 3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Win 2k Service Pack 3

Win 2k Service Pack 3

I am thinking of installing Service Pack 3 on all of our Win2k machines. Has anyone had any issues or problems with this service pack? Also, is there somewhere where I can find a list of what Service Pack 3 fixes?

The Iceman Cometh
    You should find everything you need regarding what's in Service Pack 3 here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...p3/default.asp

Also, I have already deployed SP3 over my network and am planning remote installations for various clients by the end of the week. I haven't had any issues with the new service pack yet, either during the installation or afterwards. I have seen some improved benchmarks, however, as well as various security analyzer programs (such as UpdateEXPERT and MBSA) finally giving accurate results of what hotfixes are/aren't installed.

I highly recommend that anyone running Windows 2000 to upgrade to Service Pack 3. The download isn't all that bad, and I think you'll be happy with the results.

AJ

Banned
    List of Bugs Fixed in Windows 2000 Service Pack 3
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q320853

also www.microsoft.com -> Windows 2000

Thanks for the info, I wil go ahead and install the service pack.

we are currently doing testing in our QA lab for SP3 in our environment, but I have to say that so far I have had 0 problems running this one.

Anyone remember sp5 for NT? ick...

El Diablo
    is running out of stuff to put in this spot

There are problemt with the service pack #3..... One of every 1000 pc's get in totally blue death (The one where only a format can fix et)........

INo body know how it do that.....

Truti

Question

One of every 1000 pc's get in totally blue death
    Where did you get your information, and why do you seem convinced that this is fact?
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

I would be interested to find out where your info came from or if it was from personal experience.

Service pack three contains XP style reporting to Microsoft. It reports all installed components to microsoft periodically, including serial numbers and licensing information on the MS products.

I'm still examining the packets to find the best way to block it at my firewall without interrupting normal traffic.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

I haven't seen that stat anywhere before either. So I called my friends up at my former employer who, while I won't mention the name, has the largest distributed network in the world (non-military) and asked them if they have had any issues with SP3 in their labs yet.

They have had a couple of small issues, but nothing like a BSoD that kills the machines and requires a format to fix. Most of their stuff has to do with older machines with old hardware. Nothing that is specific at the moment, but they said they would keep me up to date on what they find.

Always fun to have someone like that to call on... I miss that job sometimes.

El Diablo