Thread: Database help!

Database help!

whats up guys?? I have a two questions that maybe someone can answer for me.

1. How do you import access script into MySQL? (Is that even possible?)

2. How do you connect a javascript drop down menu to a query?

Any info is greatly appreciated

Chris

I dunno javascript, but somebody in another post told me about something called access2sql, it will take your access databases and make them mysql databases. Really useful tool, it only converts 5 databases for free, if you want real functionality you have to purchase the registration.

Hi mom!
    For the second question: Why do you need a javascript dropdown menu? HTML has it's input-dropdown menu: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.6

Anyway, is just reading the code into a memo/text-field an option? PHP for example, is server sided, so you would first connect to your database, then read out the dropdown menu code, and finally, the browser would parse the page.

I don't think I really get what you're trying to do...
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

THANKS

Thanks alot for your help guys. I really appreciate it.

Gus, check out this site and look at the dropdown menu. That part is all in Javascript and when you make your selection, it brings up the database on the right. That is what I want to figure out how to do. I hope this cleared up what I was asking.

Hi mom!
    Oh, the basics of that aren't that hard. What you do, is create a form, which has your dropdown boxes. Once the selection has been made, and the hits the button 'search', the html sends all selections to the next page trough this line:

Code:
    <form name="form13" action ="realsearch.asp" method="post" >
    That page (realsearch.asp) reads the variables that the user filled in, creates a database connection, and performs the query.

The only reason why that page uses javascript, is to create a nice visual effect: you first have to select something in the top box, then in the second, etc. That ordering of selection is something you cannot do trough regular HTML.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.