Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clearing Recent Searchs

Banned

Clearing Recent Searchs

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

How do I clear the drop down menu on search engines that shows all the keywords you searched for in the past?

delete the cookies and Temporary Internet Files and change your settings in te IE options To 0 days to keep pages in history.

The Iceman Cometh
    Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, go to Tools | Internet Options. Click on the tab labeled "Content" and click the button labeled "Auto Complete". Uncheck all of the boxes and click the "Clear Forms" box. Also, click on the "Advanced" tab. Scroll down a ways and uncheck "Use inline AutoComplete". That should do it for you and keep you from having them show up anymore.

AJ

Banned
    gabriel_c> Nope, that doesn't work. Thanks anyway

adven> I already did that but I'm using MSN and it doesn't clear the recent searches. Thanks anyway.

Anyone else?

Originally posted here by jaguar291
    gabriel_c> Nope, that doesn't work. Thanks anyway

adven> I already did that but I'm using MSN and it doesn't clear the recent searches. Thanks anyway.

Anyone else?
    Could you mean the Autocomplete function? I just searched with MSN and it asked me to turn on the AutoComplete function.

click start>run and type in regedit.
    search for typedurl
    go here in the registry and delete all your previously typed urls,
    my computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Alternatively, you could just as easily go to a page that you have run a keyword search on (ie google.com) When you start typing in the search line and you get the drop down, highlight the first item in the list with your arrow keys, and then push the delete key, it will be removed from the list of recent entries. This is a sort of drawn out method if you have an extensive list, but it works.

Hope this helps.
    Regards.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Banned
    Thanks everyone, I tried chefer's suggestion and it worked.

-> do all of the above and find a nice little program like Window Washer from www.webroot.com
    Obey All Orders Without Question...The comfort you\'ve demanded is now mandatory. --Jello Biafra

If you have a Google search bar on your browser there is a pull down tab by the Google Icon. Pull down the menus and there is a "clear search history" option. Just select this and all the previous search terms are deleted.
    Murphy was an optimist ...