Thread: List / Menu

List / Menu

Hey whats up guys? I'm looking to make a drop down list menu for my site. I tried doing it through Dreamweaver MX but I can't get it to do what I want. Clickhere so you can see an example of what I mean. First you have to select the make of the car and then the model and then it gives you a list of different products. If I'm correct, you have to use SQL to make a database. Or, can I use Access 2002 to make one? Or maybe MySQL?? Anywhich way, I'm in need of some serious help!! Any info / tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot!

Sirex

Hi,

The right way is ofcourse to make a database solution, but again it's depend on how often the data is going to be updated but I would recommend a database solution anyway.
    I would not recommend to use Access, but try take a look on MySQL or PostgreSQL (both free of license fees) or any other commercial database.

Getting back to the dropdown thingy, use javascript there is numerous examples out there on how to do this, but a source could be www.webmonkey.com or try searching google. Build the javascripts dynamic with the data from your database.

Hope this helping

- T

much appreciated. gonna try to figure out MySQL and create the database.