Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 98 + XP

You have two disks ! Man, just use them !

Install 98 on the C drive that would be you 6gb drive then install XP on the other whatever the file system you use for XP !

Or, like casper3699 said, you could split you 60gb drive in half and use a portion of it in FAT32 to share bigger data for both OS's

Can I put windows xp to use the c drive,(60gb) and then 98 as the d drive(6gb)

yes, cheesegoduk! first install xp on C (60 gb), and then 98 on D (6 gb). (i know it's clear, but if you want to access the data stored on C you must use FAT (32) not NTFS!)

\"Imagination is more important than knowledge\" (A. Einstein)

You can, but the DOS-based members of the family are generally much happier living on the first partition. Plus, as 4tt4ck3r said, you lose the ability to use NTFS on XP, which really hurts a lot IMO.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

I installed XP Home on a dual hard drive HP with Win/ME on the C/drive....The 2nd drive is a 60 gig partitioned into 3 20s.....D-E and F drives.....When I loaded XP it put itself on the D drive....It doesnt seem to matter that one OS is a master or not.....When I boot up I have 30 seconds to choose betweem ME or XP before it defaults to XP....Just my 2¢s,noticed a similarity.........Hope my babble helps a little.....