Thread: Firewall Help

Firewall Help

Hi ALL
    I was wondering if there were any good firewall out there. Im currently usin AtGuard but dont feel safe for some reason. If you know any good firewall let me know.

The best firewall is to disconnect the system from the internet. in all seriousness though, some of the best are free : agnitums outpost (http://agnitum.com/) being one of the best in my opinion. If yoiu have the time and the inclination, an old 486 with a distribution of either Linux runing IPTables or a BSD running IPF would be the best. Stateful firewalling with the greatest of control is definitely the way to go.

Hope this helps,
    Good luck.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

search the forum....this topic has been covered many times.

The Iceman Cometh
    This has been asked countless times already... I think someone even asked it a few days ago. Anyway, search the archives. Everything you could ever want to know about different firewalls has been discussed and is available there.

AJ

FWIW, AtGuard is still my favorite of all the Windows products, even as old as it is. It's too bad Symantec went out and ruined it. I haven't found another product that matches its flexibility.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

whats doing? use smoothwall

Old Fart
    Not picking on you, but everyone should learn to use the search feature!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

im sorry i guess i should have used the search
    wasent thinkin streinght

zonealarm has now a update and i think this time it works verry good
    Windows is just as chees, everywhere you look you see holes.

Personally I believe Linux w/ IPTables is the best way to go.. go to garage sales to try and find an old i386 or something.. load linux and setup IP tables. ez as 1,2,3. heh not really but.. it will teach you something about Linux and tcp/ip. Check it out -->IP tables tut
    .::nataS is WaTchiNg::.