Thread: suicide curiousity

suicide curiousity

i was just wondering why the "Patching 1000 machines" thread was killed. any insight would help... i was getting good suggestions and they were all good posts.

AngryBob, it was probably the 5th post that made it go suicidal. I do not know if it was killed any other way.

And yes, it was a totally valid thread getting good results.

looks to me like Truti was negged heavily.. and in spite of other folks getting greens
    his negs musta outweighed the +'s..

The Iceman Cometh
    It looks like the following user was hit with so many negatives for his post, that the thread committed suicide...

Originally posted here by Truti

commed you can't use to anything:

Damn every body shud run Linux... Then it just was the boot script there shud be changed.... It whoud take 2-3 min......

Truti
    AJ

Actually a few posts recently went suicidal for seemingly no reason. My comp professional post went down the drain, as did that other web development thread. I guess these things happen.

Originally posted here by khakisrule
    Actually a few posts recently went suicidal for seemingly no reason.
    As I mentioned in another thread, the thing about this that makes no sence is a few of the threads that went suicidal were older posts that have not been touched in a while, and seemed to have been bumped up, and negged to suicidal. This has to be the work of a few people. One person could not make 3 posts go suicidal in one day, unless they can push out double digit negs.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Maybe valid theads wouldn't go suicidal if people would actually think before they hit the "assign antipoints" link. If you look, and a stupid post is already extreamly negative, don't assign more negative points to it. Just leave it be. That way, the thread doesn't get killed, and people can still participate. I would be willing to bet that 99% of the people complaining about this have assigned negative points to a post that is already extreamly negative, and helped a valid thead go suicidal.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Old Fart
    Actually, I went and found a different post by the same idiot for that exact reason and negged it...it needed it anyway.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

There should be a way to monitor these " neggers " so they can be banned...

I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?