Thread: Hackers Please

Hackers Please

I got Such a post in a forum called sitepoint.com

The thread is here ..

http://sitepointforums.com/showthrea...threadid=71459

The thread reads like this and more....

Hi all,
    I've just implemented a anti-leech system I built. It's a music linking site, similar to www.emp3sfinder.com, unfortunatley we've had problems with webmasters from other music sites stealing the links to files we and our users have uploaded, as you can imagine, with 4mb files, most on peoples personal webspace, their bandwidth limits are destroyed hundreds of times over, and the file gets deleted, accounts removed. This is a big problem for the site, so this system attempts to hide the links.

[ THE CHALLENGE ]

---

The site: www.mp3sfinder.com

All you have to do is go to the site, pick a song, and find the URL, bring it back here, and tell me how you did it. Simple as that.
    As a reward you'll earn my eternal gratitude, maybe some kind of site privilage, it's negotiable.

Unfortunatley due to most browsers having download managers installed I've had to ban non-IE users from downloading, but this itself needs testing, so you can still have a go.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    And how are you related to this site? Just curious. From this post, it sounds like you are trying to social engineer us into showing you how to steal music from a certain site. We have had problems with that before. Don't take offence or anything, just give us a little more information.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

TomCruise, the web site hid the links for a reason. Like souleman said, what is your role in this?

Just curious.

I'll take a crack at it, if, like every one else said, you can prove you have permissions from the site. let me know!
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Humm I'd like also Tom to know your role in this. As the post quote reads a company bulit a anti-leech system. This is odd building an anti anything but not knowing how it works sounds like it needs more work to me if you have had 4Mb of files taken. Then there is go find the file and tell us how you did it. This reminds me of a company that wants to start but has only an idea and expects to draw upon the knowledge of programmers for free or use the very users they have to their market advantage. Possibly even one person wanting others to steal MP3s to absolve their self from wrong doing or perhaps their company. I would say this is for sure social engineering a very very bad engineering attempt socially, and if it is an help wanted ad it is even more lame. I don't work for free so someone else can sell my work for a profit.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Why are people assinging him negative antipoints... Give him a chance before you ban the guy. If he's a fraud, we will find out. If not, then you just assigned a crapload of negative antipoints to a person for absoutely no reason.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman