Thread: Isn't irony great...

Arrow Microsoft Vs. Piracy

Found this article here.

Microsoft convicted of software piracy

By James Middleton [09-05-2002]

Delicious irony has geek community in raptures

Microsoft was found guilty of software piracy last year
    by a French court, according to facts unearthed today by the geek community.

But the Redmond giant's conviction and three million franc (£285,000) fine somehow managed to escape the headlines. In fact, until today the only place the story has appeared is in French newspaper Le Monde Informatique. (contd) ...

Does anyone else find this hysterical???

To this I will add http://www.vcnet.com/bms/departments/catalog/ learn about not what M$ says they are their inoviations but the technology they bought now Anti trust wise they exploit the fact that the software industry is not held as accountable as say, you local newspaper, cable company, or most major industry in the US. Software producers must be held to the same rules as any other industry and prevented from snatching up technology before it reaches full bloom.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

I read this info in a little magazine2 months ago.

I view that some info about or "friend" Bill and his little society have problems to pass ocean.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

lol; now i've seen it all.......
    ..::BSD::..

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Great article, bad thread title. I never read this thread last week when you posted it. I just saw the news story about the case. If I hadn't searched for Microsoft and Priacy, I never would have seen it.

Its a good find, but rememer, people don't read every thread. I am sure a lot of people have looked at the title of this, and thought "with that title, this has nothing to do with computers" and they skipped right over it. At least thats what I did.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

That's exactly what I did souleman. And I did the same search to find it. But it was a good thread nonetheless.
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness

Old Fart
    No big surprise...M$ defines 'innovation' as anything they can buy or steal from someone else, which serves to validate their claim to be the worlds leading software innovator.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Since MS frequently resorts to bully behavior, I'm not surprised. Most bullies don't hold the same set of rules for themselves that they do for others. I.e. "they" are exempt.

I had not heard this... glad I checked the post.

Sorry for the confusion everyone. I realized about an hour after posting, that the title should be better. When i went to change it to "Microsoft Vs. Piracy", it looked like it worked, but only changed added the header inside my post, not for the thread. Oh well, you live, you learn.