Must go

Thread: Must go

Banned

Must go

I gotta go for a while, won't be back, vacation and stuff like that. You know how vacations are, so, I won't be back for a while. Just wanted to let you know in case you thought I was dead or something. So bye guys, see you all when I get back.

Unhappy Leaving?

Man I am gonna miss you, who is going to join in by my side in the kiddie war?
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

The Iceman Cometh
    Damn, another "goodbye" thread. Though at least you admit you're coming back. I suggest you delete this thread, it's been done and we're over it.

aeallison, you have a point... now that he's gone, you're pretty much on your own? Hmm... guess you're gonna have to take it like a man and deal with it, right? Now why the hell can't you do that in regards to the AP system?

AJ

PS: Sorry for my harsh language... I'm just getting p*ssed off at all of this bull!

Senior since the 3 dot era
    There's a feature at AO to deal with a "I must go" situation: the away status. You can state a return date and a reason to return. This is a way better method to announce a departure.

PS: Sorry for my harsh language... I'm just getting p*ssed off at all of this bull!
    a normal reaction...

Post Sorry Khaki and Bob...

I am sorry all of this came about like it did, I have been flamed, my masculinity has been challenged, my wisdom has been questioned, and my age is probably what caused most of this, I am sorry but I was trying to protect a few members ( I suppose since most of the members here could be my kids ) that a sort of paternal thing kicked in. All that I succeeded in doing is getting Khakisrule and AngryBob negged almost to the point of AngryBob being banned, and if it takes me a year they will get all the greenies I can give them to make it up to them.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

I am sorry all of this came about like it did, I have been flamed, my masculinity has been challenged, my wisdom has been questioned, and my age is probably what caused most of this, I am sorry but I was trying to protect a few members ( I suppose since most of the members here could be my kids ) that a sort of paternal thing kicked in. All that I succeeded in doing is getting Khakisrule and AngryBob negged almost to the point of AngryBob being banned, and if it takes me a year they will get all the greenies I can give them to make it up to them.

Come on, we have another thread all about this....must you drag something totally unrelated into this thread and continue to complain about AP's?

And really, Khaki, the away status is a much more appropriate way to let people know you will be gone. It gives a time to return, and why you are gone, which is really all we need to know.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.