Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you know when youve been hacking to long when

you know when youve been hacking to long when

hello peeps i was surfing the www and came across this site understaning UNIX will help with the humor enjoy
    www.ictp.trieste.it/~lucatell/humour35.shtml
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Developer Extraordinar
    Hehehehe

LOL. nice (funny) find prodikal...

here's a few of my fav's

a friend asks you what you're going to do later and you answer: cd $HOME; mkbed; sleep 28800

you almost get hit by a bus that pulled away from the stop without looking and you say: PANIC: bus error

everything in your life turns into code...such as: main() { while ( sleeping ) { sleeping = !Rested(); if ( AlarmIsOn() ) sleeping = 0; } BrushTeeth( self ); Shower( self ); Dress( self ); Enter( car, self ); while ( !Started( car ) ) { if ( Inserted( key ) ) Turn( key ); else Insert( key ); } } And when you try to compile, you get:
    cc -c life.c "life.c", line 4: sleeping undefined "life.c", line 10: self undefined "life.c", line 13: car undefined "life.c", line 16: key undefined

your SO kisses you on the neck and the first thing you think is "Uh, oh, priority interrupt."

you're awakened by your SO and all you can think of, in that muddied half- conscious state before becoming fully awake, is something having to do with male and female serial connectors and how the baud rates have to be synchronized.

you are trying to remember something but hear in your head: "parity error at address..."

...you try to bring a window to the front of something, then you realize that "something" is a Post-It (tm) on your screen.

...before you call someone on the phone, you think: 'finger joe@his.house'

heh heh, I thought these were cute, now that's some good wholesome entertainment.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

LoL. That was entertaining.
    .::nataS is WaTchiNg::.

Banned
    best geek list ive read in a long time, bad thing is, ive done half of them

lmoa;
    That was the best list I've seen;
    Thankfully I havn't done many of them! I feel sorry for those who have done all of them;
    :-( :-)
    lol;
    /* 1+1 = 00110010 */
    hehe;
    Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.

Banned
    ...you regularly sit up and stare at your (ringing (loudly!)) alarm clock thinking, "I can't shut it off because if I do the error message will scroll off the screen and then I won't be able to figure out what went wrong." Other times you scrabble around looking for the mouse to click on the alarm clock window to focus input so that you can enter the snooze button keypress.
    This one really cracked me up! lol

...your sleep cycle has revolved around the clock several times due to "working days" longer than 24 hours.
    I can totally relate to this one. lol

I could so picture this! LMAO:
    you almost get hit by a bus that pulled away from the stop without looking and you say: PANIC: bus error
    hahah!
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

Banned
    i just tried to count binary on my fingers...... i could concentrate enuf to get it right i think it would be a much more effective way of counting....... then youd get to 1024 before needing our toes...... and i dont think ive ever needed to count higher that 20 binary digits (1048576) so wed have no problem counting........ damn seems to me that it could be a better way of counting...... hmmmmmmmmm!?!