Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Point newbie Suggestion

Anti-Point newbie Suggestion

How about a feature after we recive antipoints next to CONTACT USER ABOUT ANTIPOINT ASSIGNMENT how about a "Report abusive anti-point assignments"

This could be helpfull to stop anti points such as this

"youre not much of a challenge and shes probably a whore anyway,start dating..get her off your mind she aint worth it,shes prolly sleeping with some guy anyway"

we all know we have been given these type of remarks and many of them are from people who cause a great damage in ur antipoints *like 10-20 points*

this could help stop abusive messages like this that are seriously not needed!

if this is added we need to tp be like the ask about assignment where u can only use it once!

and it could work just like the report button on a post to stop posting abuse

--NetSyN
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

I've not gotten many antipoints, but i tend to see people making valid points in forums getting shot down by other people with a lot more antipoints than they, and the person who originated the post has a very negative rating as a result. I think there should be an evening out, as i consider a few of the "higher-ups" to speak just as much nonsense as we newbies, at times.

Thanks, Netsyn, for looking out for the little guy.
    Hic ego barbarus, sum quillo non intelligor illis.
    Because they do not understand me, I am a barbarian.

I think it is an interesting idea, but the sheer volume of points and the time involved peer reviewing them may prove prohibitive.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Well we have a lot of post abuse and a lot of people over look the report function but ive never had a problem that that little button did not fix on the forums

im not saying delete the antipoint assignment but this could be a good way to see people who are well respected abusing their power just to stay ahead of everyone elese which we know weve always had a problem with specially with the top10 list creation
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

wow netsyn youve managed to create a thread about antipoints which
    did not go suicidal within 10minutes, congrats!!
    *the wise do sooner what the fools do later.
    --Gracian

I totally agree with this idea. After the recent problems about APs abuses, it is time to control more the system.
    But this idea can work correctly only if somebody regulate and verify those abuse and JP will probably not be able to do all of this. Who will do it?
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Originally posted here by KissCool
    But this idea can work correctly only if somebody regulate and verify those abuse and JP will probably not be able to do all of this. Who will do it?
    If it works anything like the current 'report' system, not me! 100+ messages per day in my inbox... blech!
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

something definately has to be done, its hard for someone who just joins the forums and has no antipoints to get up a good amount of points. I am at a negative level for the sole reason that somone with more points then me disagreed with something I said, so he decided he would screw me over.

this sounds like the best, by far, idea i've heard (read?) concerning antipoints so far in the many that have come up lately.

wow netsyn youve managed to create a thread about antipoints which didn't go suicidal in ten minutes
    it seems like this would help with situations such as the [FB-Army] User deal (or whichever member of the [fb-army]ies it was). also "balance is key" assignments..

/me applauds netsyn

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    AphexTwin> Thats because he came up with an idea that wasn't already discussed 20 times, and didn't just bitch, he came up with an idea to try and fix something.

I personally agree with Terr. I think that any time someone got a negative antipoint, even if they deserve it, they are going to hit the "report antipoint abuse" button. I still think the best idea is that if there is an obvious abuse (like alll the "balance is key" assignments) that an email message is the best idea. Between JP and Steve, one will eventually get a chance to look into it and take care of the problem.

The biggest problem with this system isn't the system. It is the people useing it. People are assigning negative points to an already extreamly negative post/thread, then complaining that the thread goes suicide. Same thing with a newbie. If you see someone with 2 posts and 2 red dots, wait a little while before you give them more negative points. Yes, they should have read the FAQ ahead of time, but they didn't. So give them a chance.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman