Thread: looking for advice

Exclamation Help me fix this piece 'o crap

Alright, here's the situation. I've formatted my pc and then reinstalled Windows2000 on it. When I try to pull up files from the root in DOS all I get is directory not found. This is the document I've been working from click here
    What would be my best route to try and find files on a harddrive that did not previously have DOS installed, but now has been formatted and DOS installed along with the previous version of windows that was on it. Any feedback would be appreciated

I'm also experiencing problems with programs that have been removed but have not stopped running and can only be viewed with Alt+ctrl+del. Where do I need to go to fix this on Windows ME?

Thanks folks

what files are you "trying to pull up"? if you've formatted your hdd then you've lost everything. and i know there will be people out there that say "well sure you can still bring them back!" and i suppose you could if you knew how to. but you don't, i don't and so that's that. um why the retard are you runinning ME? you should be shot in the left knee for such things! back up your stuff (which is what you should have done in the first place) and install 2k.

-havanger

not looking to recover

What I'm trying to say (now rephrased to not grate people anymore than I already have in this post)

How can I find the hidden files that are "supposedly" there?
    This is on the computer running Windows 2000

second.....

How/Where do I need to look or do to remove all the programs that I have previously and correctly uninstalled even BEFORE I formatted the computer that are still running in the task manager?
    This is on the computer running Windows ME

danke!

ok, usually a good program will have it's own uninstall on it. but if it dosen't then go to start, contral panel, settings, add/remove programs. bling bling it there and you should be done. if that dosen't work then you might have a virus of some kind. it might help as to which prog you haven't trouble uninstall. i don't think you will ever find those files that are recording every website you view and every email you read. i think it's a bunch of ppl writing something to make ppl affraid. it appears to be working. but back to your second point, if your going to format your hdd, why even worry about uninstall progs?

-havanger

here's a link for you to get rid of your prog, maybe http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,4148,3109,00.asp
    it's called shred 2

-havanger

thanks

Nope no virus here... already been down that road of search

Done the whole control panel, add/remove programs and these programs have already been removed properly but seem to want to continue running in the task manager slowing my system down.

it would help a whole lot more if i knew what the progs are that are still running.

-havanger

also:
    click run
    type msconfig
    on the bootup tap, i think, click the appropriate button so that the programs that are running (that you want removed) are unchecked. this will not remove them. it will only have the certain progs stop running. also this will only help if the progs start at boot-up. most likely this will help

-havanger

Someone trys to help you and you get rude with them? if you paste in the post number (right click on it and copy short cut) instead of the whole dam thread, you might find more people trying to help.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

thanks

I assure you I wasn't being rude to HavangerSr, but since he is the one that may have been offended (since it was in direct reply to him) then I do apologize for any shortness I may have exhibited in my previous post to your reply post. Thank you for your input HavangerSr, I'll try and get a copy of these hideous programs that seem to be running when I get on that computer later tonight.

Although, I wasn't looking to be rude to anyone in the least so please don't take me for a rude individual folks!

Thank you Tedob1 for the advice on changing the link, it never bothers me how long the link is as long as it works but then again it didn't occur to me that it might irritate others. Sorry about that.