Thread: Government Cuts back TIPS

Government Cuts back TIPS

CNN Headline News reported earlier today that the government is cutting back support for it's TIPS program (Terrorism Information and Prevention System).. basically, they wanted citizens in positions deemed 'worthy' to spy on all of us.

"Under the spreading cheastnut tree, I sold you and you sold me."?

Well, civil liberties groups finally jumped up and said "hey, September 11 was bad, but taking away every right and freedom we have.. THAT'S EVEN WORSE!".. and now they've dleayed the program until September, when congress returns.

You can read more about the dillemma here:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/08/10/ope....ap/index.html
    Hic ego barbarus, sum quillo non intelligor illis.
    Because they do not understand me, I am a barbarian.

and if we've all written our congressman and told them what we think, that'll be another bad idea put to rest.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Since Im from Canada, i dont have to worry about the immediate implication of this "Operation Tips" which sounds absolutely ridiculous. It would bring America to a "cold war in eastern germany" mentality, with neighbours spying on neighbours.

To hear what Eric Corley (Emmanuel Goldstein) has to say about this get the mp3 version of off the hook for July 31st, for pretty much the whole hour, and July 24th from the 31st minute to about the 35th. You can find it here.

(They are pretty big files, but its kind of funny for geeks like me)

Enjoy!

PS - Did you know that the tips that people phone in to the "FBI" are actually fielded by the fox tv show "americas most wanted"!!!
    The article i found this from is here This is really funny. A quote from the news release:
    What's next - the government hires Candid Camera to do its video surveillance?"
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist

I'm glad to see that one being laid to rest. Hopefully it finds it grave soon. The idea of neighbors and mailmen spying on everyone was by far one of the worst this government has tried to implement. I think it was just another way for the CIA and NSA to try and solve their incompetance issues. As if that will ever happen........
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness

Actually I have a thread here http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hlight=Postman a bit older then this that is all about TIPS from the start.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

i hope people will stand up and oppose tips completely. here in pa, the first truck drivers have already been deputized. i wrote to all my representatives about this... i have also put posters up all over my area telling people to stop tips. let's just hope the population will wise up before it is too late.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

report people suspected of being in the tips program :/

http://www.all-the-other-names-were-.../tipstips.html

lol, good idea evilempire... under the suspicious behavior section, write that they were spying on their neighbors for an secret dictatorship called the US government
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist

Excuse me but it is generally considered rude to have two threads with the same subject matter on AO. While your title is different I did post a thread on this long before this one. I have had to close my own threads or edit them one just yesterday so the person that posted the information got their credit.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg