Thread: 3com u.s robotics modem & linux

3com u.s robotics modem & linux

hello peeps i really need u r help hear i just bought redhat 7.3 and the sale`s rep in p.c world told me i should download device drivers for a 3com u.s robotics modem but where can i find them ? is this modem compatible with linux ? what do i do with device drivers ? im at a loss here any help is greatly welcome and appreciated thanx in advance to any 1 who replys to this will hope fully be posting next in linux
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

It depends - US Robotics makes several different modems. Is it a hardware modem or a software modem? If it's hardware, you don't need anything for it. However, if it's software, you may or may not be able to get it to work with Linux. Go to www.linmodems.org and see if your modem is listed there.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

Internal or external?
    If the modem is external the odds are that you will need nothing.

www.linmodems.org

the page is old but the links are good

it`s an internal modem i dont know about hardware or software any more help more than welcome
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

3COM USR 56k V90 "hardware modems" come in ISA, PCI, and EXT versions, my son has used them all in several versions of *nix, and Solaris 8. He has never had a problem with any of them, my experience has it hands down these are the best modems. I will not buy anything else.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?