Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JP is Everywhere.

Banned

JP is Everywhere.

Ever since I joined AntiOnline last year, I have seen JP everywhere, and yes 90% of the articles are not flattering. Can someone explain to me, why JP has all the recogniztion?

Because he made the site so you are able to post the question in the first place, that's why.

And who says there isn't a low-profile computer case behind the monitor? Either that, or the person who made the caption didn't realize that the server might be buried underground in a secret bunker, and JP has a thin-thin-thin client there.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Fakeboy, that wasn't a very nice thing to do with his photo!

j/k
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Hi mom!
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Banned
    Ive seen that before.... JP has so much recognition because hes good at what he does, everyone that ins good at what they do also get "hated" on. When someone is envious of someone else they always want to bring the other person down because they want to be in their shoes...

and if you havent noticed JP has been the mature individual about all of those things on the internet about him and hasnt posted anything negative on his site about other sites.

Banned
    http://www.attrition.org/news/mc/spo...eless.jpg.html - the original location, and I have nothing against JP, but I was wondering why he is mentioned everywhere... I am starting to assume it is the banned lamers that are lashing out at him. However, I was wondering if there is something else JP has done that has made his name so widley known...

Banned
    There is alot he has done. But from what ive read and such the thing that makes most people in the "hacker" community lash out on JP is because of some contriversy caused with PacketStorm Security..... if you want to get the scoop of what happened go search about it on Yahoo or on google, you WILL find alot of articles, most of them from a negative point of view.

ive seen everything attrition has to say on JP. I really couldn't care less. I don't come here because of JP, in fact we've never spoken. its the people here that make this place. i don't really see why your getting all bent out of shape over gossip. Your acting like my grandmother. If you have something against the person that owns a place, you shouldn't go there.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The Iceman Cometh
    This has already been discussed before (especially relating to the Attrition site) and I think everything was covered in those threads, but I'll respond anyway:

Originally poster here by Dome

JP has so much recognition because hes good at what he does, everyone that ins good at what they do also get "hated" on. When someone is envious of someone else they always want to bring the other person down because they want to be in their shoes...
    Dome has the right idea here. Big figures make big targets. JP is well known throughout the security industry for many positive things he has done. This causes others to get jealous and they try to dig up dirt on him and release it on the Internet. Some of the information you read may be true, other information may not, but whether it is true or false, they are all biased opinions by parties involved. When anything happens, there are three sides to the argument: party A's version, party B's version and the truth. In this case, attrition.org posted their opinions on the matter, with much of the information being false and/or speculation and extremely inappropriate. JP has been mature about the entire controversy, and kept his side quiet. Both of their stories differ, and both will be biased, but neither will be completely accurate.

Why does all of this matter? Honestly, it doesn't. Attrition's post simply comes off as being "Anti-JP" and that's ok because not everyone will like everyone else. Does this mean we should get in an uproar about it? No. Does this mean that JP is the bad guy that attrition says? No. Does this mean that we will think any less of JP? No. It's all unsubstantiated rumors and gossip, and like rumors and gossip in the "real world", someone will always get hurt... in this case JP.

I think tedobmade a very good point by saying:

i don't really see why your getting all bent out of shape over gossip.... If you have something against the person that owns a place, you shouldn't go there.
    If you really are out to find dirt on JP, go ahead, but it's not going to do any good to try to argue it with anyone here. Many of us know JP both from this site as well as IRC and know that he's a good guy who has done a lot of positive things for the network/computer security industry. If you wanted to, you could probably find similar things about anyone who is very active within any industry.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but don't base an opinion upon an exagerated article written by those jealous of another. Do research, talk to parties involved, and then form your opinion from the evidence you are presented, don't just steal someone else's idea and make it your own.

AJ

PS: Sorry for rambling and I apologize if anything comes across as incomprehensible, I had a really long weekend.

Edit: By the way, fakeboy, why did you post this thread under tech humor? Don't you think this should have been in another forum?